MB Post - Thoughts/Suggestions

Awesome, I’m super happy someone else finally made it to Love & Salt =)

Those English Muffins and that butter really are something else huh??

@Aesthete I think I’m more of a fan of that butter…with the English muffin being a good vehicle to help consume the butter. Leftovers are being consumed for breakfast as I type. I’m not sure how a real traditional English muffin is supposed to look like, so I was surprised when Love & Salt’s version came out looking a lot like a biscuit covered in cornmeal.

You’ll want to definitely check out fishing with dynamite

6 Likes

I do not think it is a traditional English muffin, but then again I actually don’t know. It tastes better than any other version I’ve had lol I agree about the butter though, that shit is baller cash yo.

1 Like

From what I can recall, English muffins are usually cooked in a pan or skillet. The ones above look to be baked.

1 Like

Went to MB Post for the first time and came away disappointed. Sorry no pics.

Ordered the gin n tonic with yuzu and some other stuff. Way too much yuzu and other stuff. The drink was like neon orange. Not a fan and no where near as good as Majordomo G&T which is much more balanced.

The cheddar bacon biscuits were great. Maybe the best biscuit I’ve ever had. Better than Biscuit Bitch in Seattle. It was like a hearty meal all unto itself.

The only other dishes we enjoyed were the diver scallops with pork belly and mussels in green curry sauce and sticky rice.
Kale salad - bland, boring, blah - left about 80% of the salad.
Fries - these were fine
Skirt steak - sauce overpowered everything and steak was a bit grisly
Eggplant - not even sure you could tell it was eggplant. Mushy mess.
Meatballs - the polenta was overwhelmingly cheesy. The meatballs themselves were ok.
Asparagus - eh. Similar type of sauce to the steak.