Meals by Genet

THinking about trying both of these places. What should I try at each place? vegetarian dishes and meat dishes please.

What crazy chicken? IMO, Genet’s not just higher end. The spicing is more complex and the flavors more delicate. Awash is great, too, though.

Veggie combo at both. Awaze chicken tibs at Awash.

The chicken dish, her specialty, the one that cooks for a very long time. It’s great. Aside from that I’m going to Awash. Genet is higher end, spicing more complex, plates are smaller prices higher and service is annoying. I’d rather have the no fucks given service of Awash mysef

Probably the Doro Wat. I usually get the veggie combo plus an order of Shimbira Asa. I like the casual vibe more at Awash too but sometimes it can be causal to a fault. For example, I expect at a minimum for a place to be open during its stated hours but I’ve learned the hard way to always call ahead to make sure the kitchen is up and running, especially at lunch.

Then again, as an Ethiopian acquaintance put it, “That’s what makes it authentic!” :grin:

Yes. That’s not something I’ll ever be bothered by. I want that. I crave irregularity in this country. If there’s an issue, the Indian spot right next door is fantastic for me. I get it though.

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for posting, I hadn’t heard the news. Just called and made a reservation :slight_smile:

1 Like