Metro Stop Lunches

I work in a new location now and exploring lunch options. I can hop on the Metro red line and stop at Hollywood/Highland, Hollywood/Vine, and Hollywood/Western. I don’t think I want to venture out further than that. I went to Sweet Greens yesterday - so I’m pleased about that. What other spots in those areas do you recommend? I am good with walking a bit as well, I think maybe 5 blocks would be my cap (just for time). I did some searching and there are a lot of spots I’m not familiar with in the area so suggestions are welcome! I know of a few places like Fabiolus (I haven’t been since the early 2000s - am happy to see it still there), Stella Barra, Pie Hole… Looks like I’ll finally be able to get to Sapp Coffee shop!

hollywood/highland = pokinometry

Langer’s Deli is right at the MacArthur Park/Westlake station. Best Pastrami on Earth. Open 8am-4pm Closed Sunday. Minutes from Hollywood on the Red Line.

2 Likes

This was my first thought. I took my wife to Langer’s a few months ago for her first pastrami sandwich ever. We parked at Union Station and took the Red Line (we hadn’t been on LA’s subways yet) to Langer’s. She is now a pastrami junkie.

If the OP can spend a few extra minutes, GCM may also be an option.

1 Like

Awesome!!! Been wanting to try that.

GREAT IDEA! Just have to make sure I can do it in a reasonable time frame. Also, calling it in to go can be a do-able option!

1 Like

Maybe you can visit Jinya next door and report back if it’s gotten any better.

If it’s anything like the location on Wilshire/LaBrea and the one on Third/Crescent Heights… I’ll leave that task for someone else :slight_smile:

luv2eat

smoke’s poutinerie

sapp
ruen pair
jitlada
pailin thai

vermont/sunset:
ricky’s fish tacos

if you have time to go to wilshire/vermont kobawoo for their bossam lunch special

4 Likes

from hollywood/highland luv2eat is less than .5 miles

That’s 10 minutes X 2 = 20 minutes

It should meet OP’s 5 block radius desire.

yeah that’s why I deleted my post, and then you had to respond.

:sweat_smile:

oops just saw that, my bad :slight_smile:

Easy: Sushi of Gari

OMG!!! I NEED!

1 Like

[quote=“Clyde, post:8, topic:4220”]
If it’s anything like the location on Wilshire/LaBrea and the one on Third/Crescent Heights… I’ll leave that task for someone else :slight_smile:
[/quote]Yep… We’re starved for good ramen in this neighborhood. Wilshire/La Brea locale is okay in a pinch, if the weather is cold or you have a cold. But I could not understand for the life of me why they had press and lines down the street when first opened. Tatsu on Melrose has better chicken broth, but still, it’s not the real. Haven’t had ramen at Jinya on 3rd/Crescent Heights, but they have an extensive skewer menu and Happy Hour.

Sorry guys. Continue on…