Mexican in Pasadena?

It’s indeed a geeky food website we’re on.

i would have suggested robins except they closed for good in august. salads and burgers? why not islands? they’re modestly priced and accept reservations.

1 Like

Granville probably meets that criteria - it’s a safe corporate bet.

2 Likes

Agree. Granville is a safe, corporate bet. Le Grande Orange is walking distance from PHS. Other ideas are CrackShack and Nick’s on Lake.

1 Like

Anyone ever been here? https://www.kingsrowpub.com/about/

Nick’s on Lake or Houstons would be my picks for “safe” American fare. Not sure how/if seating for 8 would work at Houstons.

1 Like

Kingsrow Pub is a bar, no good for sit down dinner.

2 Likes

Not open yet?

RESTAURANTE LOS ANAYA
630 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 460-8893
https://goo.gl/maps/FiJAMbX9sHioPdQq6

1 Like

Actually, she could have a Thai beef salad. Very tasty and low in carbs…

I know this. You know this. But it’s not worth fighting about with her.

2 Likes

No Mexican! (Arghhh!)

Le Grande Orange & Great Maple would be my picks. LGO is basically across the street

1 Like

And it’s dirty. Maybe like a pub should be.

I’m fine with dirty. I’m not fine with bad food :grimacing:

Coming soon. They’re guaranteed to be pretty good

Edit: FRIDAY

1 Like

Chinese is low-carb if you order properly, like focusing on stir fried or sauteed vegetables or meat dishes that are not breaded nor cooked with rice or noodles.

1 Like

I realize this. However, I think you’re missing the point. Food and dining is at its core about hospitality - I’m not going to force my guest, or try to talk her into eating at a genre of place she has specifically requested we avoid. If Chinese were an option I’d be thrilled to go to any one of dozens of restaurants in the SGV, and I wouldn’t need to post on FTC to choose one. However, it’s not, and so I came here in the hopes this great community would help me find a place with the very specific requirements she asked for, that would also have food I would enjoy eating.

1 Like

sometimes it’s best just to have a liquid dinner. I once found myself at a place where even the ice cubes tasted terrible, so I had to resort to bottled beer instead of cocktails.

3 Likes

Yup, I’d go for that.

I’ve had to deal with this more than a few times in my life. Due to this, I know quite a few inoffensive names for foods (i.e., chicken in tomato cream sauce for tikka masala), but I’m guessing that won’t work in this situation.

I would go to BJ’s. They take reservations. They have salads and steaks or whatever for your friend. They have beer, get an appetizer of onion strings (no longer on the menu but they have it), and then drown your sorrows in as many pizookies as you desire.

2 Likes