MIchelin 2016 Out

This thing is entertaining, but sort of a joke at this point

Good to see Atera get 2 stars.

Full list.

Three Stars (“Exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey”)
Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare
Eleven Madison Park
Jean-Georges
Le Bernardin
Masa
Per Se

Two Stars (“Excellent cuisine, worth a detour”)
Aquavit
Atera
Blanca
Daniel
Ichimura
Jungsik
Marea
The Modern
Momofuku Ko
Soto

One Star (“A very good restaurant in its category”)
Ai Fiori
Aldea
Andanada
Aureole
Babbo
Bâtard
Betony
Blue Hill
Bouley
The Breslin
Brushstroke
Café Boulud
Café China
Cagen
Carbone
Casa Enrique
Casa Mono
Caviar Russe
Del Posto
Delaware and Hudson
Dovetail
The Finch
Gabriel Kreuther
Gotham Bar and Grill
Gramercy Tavern
Hirohisa
Jewel Bako
Juni
Junoon
Kajitsu
Kyo Ya
La Vara
Luksus
Meadowsweet
The Musket Room
M. Wells Steakhouse
Nomad
Peter Luger
Picholine (which is now closed)
Piora
Pok Pok Ny
Public
Rebelle
The River Café
Rosanjin
Semilla
Somtum Der
The Spotted Pig
Sushi Azabu
Sushi of Gari
Sushi Yasuda
Take Root (which is currently closed for renovations but should reopen later this fall)
Telepan
Tempura Matsui
Tori Shin
Tulsi
Uncle Boons
Wallsé
ZZ’s Clam Bar

Interesting that Michelin seems to be attempting to assess Thai food with the addition of Uncle Boons and Somtum Der?

God forbid they actually go to Bangkok though :smile: If Somtum Der deserves a star, then they’d have about five hundred restaurants in BKK that are worthy!

There were some really odd additions to the Bib Gourmand category as well, such as Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen

Not only is it ludicrous for Somtum Der to have a star, and I say this as someone who orders from them often because I like their Isaan chicken soup), but for them and Kyo Ya to both have a star is just insane! The kaiseki dinner my girlfriend and I had at Kyo Ya a few years ago was one of the best meals either of us had ever had, sublime, and redefined for me what miso soup, chawan mushi, claypot rice and, for that matter, sake were. Nothing I’ve ever had or ever will have at Somtum Der will give me the kind of transcendent experience kaiseki at Kyo Ya was.

As far as I’m concerned, Michelin should probably still be taken seriously in France, but, excuse my French, they don’t know what the fuck they’re doing in New York.

No movement at all from the three-stars this year.