Michelin California

oh, they must not have updated their website then.

konbi has a bib according to the press release, they must not have updated their website yet.

Probably just a metadata error on the web site, then.

Additions / changes to stars are supposed to be announced on the 28th.

so of the “new” restaurants the following didn’t get a bib. So they must either be getting a plate or a star?

agnes
birdie g’s
citrin
fellow
gabi james
jeong yuk jeom
pasta bar
phenakite

Studio City is not a city ironically.

1 Like

Right.

But I was referring to restaurants that stayed in a take-out model or were temporarily suspending operation, and if it would have any bearing on their previously awarded stars.

Warrior: I wish they would get rid of Bib Gourmand. Who has ever spent $40 per person at Majordomo? A couple of two couldn’t even order the boiled chicken there on that budget, much less a meal and drinks.

1 Like

They announced new Plate restaurants a few weeks ago.

Technically the BG restaurants are last year’s selections, hence the newly announced ones from today aren’t on the list nor are the now closed ones like Papilles removed. Michelin said that the full BG list will be available on 9/28 when they announce the stars, but not sure if that just means carrying these over though.

3 Likes

still confused where the “new” restaurants, that didn’t receive a bib, fit in. they all have plate awards so are they ineligible for a star?

Warrior: If I had to speculate, it would be that Michelin hasn’t yet announced “new” restaurants that are getting a star. Might be good news for restaurants like Morihiro and Bicyclette? It’s unthinkable that those restaurants wouldn’t at least get plates.

As noted above, the latest additions and revisions to the star ratings are supposed to be announced Tuesday.

congratulations to the new winners

7 Likes
4 Likes

sushi inaba gets a star for takeout sushi? impressive.

4 Likes

the scratch bar team getting michelin stars in sushi and Italian is… interesting to me.

Knife pleat getting a star is the most puzzling choice. We’ve done a few wine dinners there and it’s never been better than decent. It’s a perfectly acceptable orange county restaurant.

Also don’t understand Morihiro but Michelin seems to be giving every nice sushi/japanese spot a star this year in LA

And Republique still missing is a damn travesty

6 Likes

Except Kaneyoshi (!!!), perhaps the most deserving of Michelin recognition.

6 Likes

vespertine retains two stars for takeout.

it is certainly a glaring omission among the list considering they basically gave a star to every sushi restaurant.

1 Like