Mid-City, Beverly-Grove, Fairfax, Melrose & Parts Surrounding

Yep, that’s what I meant. I should have said “table service” with a waiter/waitress. I’m still leaving it on the list. But I would still like to find something closer to his request of Fairfax/Melrose.

1 Like

I live more or less on top of this intersection. For the situation you describe, I think Wolf is the easy choice. The brunch is really well done and it is definitely parent friendly – reservations, table service, comfortable seating, pleasant room that does not get too loud, etc. It is where I take my parents (who are on the older side now) when they are here and they always love it. Reasonably priced as well. Lots of great options mentioned in this thread (some perhaps a bit more exciting, food-wise) but this seems to check the boxes you are looking for.

2 Likes

Hi @behemoth -

I’m glad someone gave Wolf a thumbs up. For all the reasons you mentioned, it’s one of our family go-tos. We usually have at least one baby or toddler with us and they’re very accommodating. Plus, the food is good. The Crispy Potatoes are on my Best Bites list.

Thanks!

Hell Yeah!

1 Like

Jon and Vinnys, animal, Fiona, the ponte (great patio)

A little farther out: republique, salts cure

1 Like

(Wolf)

Looks good – how spicy are they?

1 Like

They’re only as hot as you want them to be because the aji amarillo alioli is smeared on the side of the bowl and you can pick off a few of the sliced fresh peppers.

(internet photo)

Hi @skramzlife -

We love Jon & Vinny’s, maybe not for this occasion, but The Ponte is a nice addition.

Thanks!

Dang, those look lovely.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t figure out how they get them like that. It doesn’t seem like deep frying alone would do it because they’re fluffy inside like a baked potato… but maybe. :thinking:

They have table service, easy parking, some booth seating and all of the basic breakfast items. The food for breakfast is decent, well prepared but not mind blowing and less expensive than Republique (although the food @ Republique is much better but the wait can be long and the high stool seating on the shared tables is not that comfortable for long periods of time).

1 Like

Here’s my new list:

• Wolf
  • Hart and Hunter
  • Fiona
  • Ponte
  • La Brea Bakery
  • Yardbird

The other recs I’m passing along for him and his wife. He’s interested in where we go when we’re not taking our mom’s friends to breakfast. :blush:

Thanks Y’all!

1 Like

I really like The Hart and Hunter

2 Likes

since you’re taking someones mother other options are:

canters
dupars
maramlade
crossroads for weekend brunch

2 Likes

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just passed by the space formerly occupied by Plan Check. Looks like Russian chain Black Star Burger will be taking over.

6 Likes

Hi @dk16,

Welcome to FTC! :slight_smile: Thanks for the info.

Golden State (Burger)

1 Like

Has anyone been to the new Gusto on Third? Thoughts?

Edit: It looks like it might be permanently closed?

What’s this??? A Russian burger chain? Confused

1 Like

Ya it’s a Russian burger chain… I heard through the grapevine that it isn’t happening anymore because of US sanctions on Russia