Mini Kabob

Damn straight :yum:

2 Likes

the charcoal and smokiness was very evident at hamlet’s.

I like the chunkier and ironically smokier ikra at mini.

4 Likes

i also really liked the texture of the ribs, not soft and fall off the bone, but more of a chew that you had to work to get off the bone. the texture reminds me of some vietnamese grilled ribs (sườn nướng) i’ve had. and that cartilage :heart: :blush: :heart:

5 Likes

No potatoes today 9/26/21 at HK, but I called Mini Kabob the day before to place my order for these :potato: :potato: :potato: :yum:

9 Likes

Think Hamlet’s going to have to put a sign out just for the FTC folks: no potatoes

4 Likes

Look like Shakey’s mojos :slight_smile:

1 Like

The coverage on Mini and Hamlet’s on Dave Chang’s show has been amusing! I’m pleased to see it. Glad they echoed the difference charcoal makes. Of course we do it at home (including this coming friday) and i’ve never been to any of these places.

2 Likes

this is the shish kabab / shashlik we make too… just without all those arabic things around it for sides. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

and Jon’s and Valley produce. Love all of those sodas we call limonad for some reason… i got a nice kvas yesterday… much lighter than all the dark ones i see… we grew up with a lighter style … called Derevenskiy (village style) soft kvas.

don’t forget our jams and preserves… the ones imported from armenia are very much worth everyone’s exploration

5 Likes

how would you butcher the rib tips like hamlet’s? do markets like superking sell them like that or can you cut them off from the spare rib.

2 Likes

We have a number of butchers as part of Armenian stores that do it all day professionally. There are a bunch in Glendale of course but I like places such as Karabagh (there are 2), Olive, Victory Produce

3 Likes

Just get it done! Trying to inspire/motivate. Just need skewers, charcoal and vodka

12 Likes

Do those all have the same marinade or does each protein have it’s own marinade?

1 Like

Only fish gets different. Usually non spicy red paper or a tomato paste addition

bomb!

aaand I’m back :heart: :heart_eyes: :heart:

14 Likes
7 Likes

fantastic food! Not sure which meats I ate are which but very delicious. Reminds me strangely enough of some of the great Brazillian food you can get in LA, but without some of the chewier pieces.

1 Like

Picked up yesterday for a family get together and as expected everyone was impressed with the food. Hadn’t had the lamp chops before, but grabbed them for dad as he’s a big fan of lamb chops in general and they are delicious. Big shout out to the Mini Kabob family for just being the dopest people working in food. I’d support them and direct everyone their way solely based on the way they treat customers, but with the food matching the hospitality I really think it’s one of the best spots in all of LA.

7 Likes

Tabouli at MK is the best thing I have eaten all year.
Hands down.
Made from scratch - not an afterthought AT ALL.
The cracked wheat is not a mushy, lumpy mess but a crunchy integral part of the dish. I was blown away.

Combo plate was terrific.

19 Likes