Mini Kabob

Picked up yesterday for a family get together and as expected everyone was impressed with the food. Hadn’t had the lamp chops before, but grabbed them for dad as he’s a big fan of lamb chops in general and they are delicious. Big shout out to the Mini Kabob family for just being the dopest people working in food. I’d support them and direct everyone their way solely based on the way they treat customers, but with the food matching the hospitality I really think it’s one of the best spots in all of LA.

7 Likes

Tabouli at MK is the best thing I have eaten all year.
Hands down.
Made from scratch - not an afterthought AT ALL.
The cracked wheat is not a mushy, lumpy mess but a crunchy integral part of the dish. I was blown away.

Combo plate was terrific.

19 Likes

10 pages in f&w, well deserved.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd6Hk_JJf9b/

12 Likes

Finally finally made it and the falafel plate was incredible. I couldn’t help but just shake my head as I ate at how perfectly executed it was and how good the ingredients were.

If I lived closer I’d be here weekly.

19 Likes

Next time try the chicken and beef lule. The chicken cutlets are incredible juicy.

1 Like

I’m vegetarian but my wife definitely is not and I have already made plans to go back with her so she can try some of the actual kabobs!

1 Like

try the ikra and potatoes next time.

4 Likes

Is this something you can order online without just ordering multiple “entrees”, or do you need to call in for a “larger” order like this? Thinking about putting in an order for a small (7-9 person) dinner tomorrow; feels like if I ordered a bunch of mains there’d just be way too much rice.

4 Likes

Just call and talk to him. Tell him how many you need to feed and what proteins you like and he’ll put together a tray for you. He’s extremely accommodating and nice. Don’t stress.

6 Likes

i was just talking to armen about this last week. he said it’s possible to order family platters online by putting it in the notes of your order, but i don’t see how to do that without actually ordering something that’s on the menu.

for now, i would just call them and tell them how many people you want to feed and what proteins you want and he’ll make it happen.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll just call then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

don’t forget the eggplant ikra :eggplant:

3 Likes

or tabbouleh

Bobbyghanoush, is that you?

It really is a cut above the competition.

Yeah, it was pretty great. Glad I got a chance to try it.

Chicken shashlik & lamb chops were my favorites.

13 Likes

Tried Hamlet’s kitchen today for the first time–got the pork ribs and sides of Ikra and hummus. Overall, I don’t think it’s even in Mini Kabob’s orbit. And it is decidedly more expensive. But once you put that comparison aside, the food is delicious.

In terms of comparison to Mini Kabob, my thoughts are as follows:

–The sides are a wipeout for Mini Kabob. The hummus was a gloupy mess, the rice was generic, the ikra was fine but not as good–just overall, the care put into the sides at Mini Kabob is much more significant.

–The char on the ribs was really nice. But, it came at a price–the ribs themselves were overcooked to death. The one thing that is shocking with Mini Kabob is how juicy and moist the meat is–it’s just not the case at Hamlet’s.

–The rib plate with rice and a boiled tomato was $25. Once I got small sides of eggplant and hummus, it was $41.

[Edit–I realize this came off as pretty negative. The experience of tearing into the charred ribs, dipping them in the ikra, etc. was still a really good eating experience, and I don’t regret trying it.]

10 Likes

Yikes. Thanks for report.

2 Likes

Also, I say this as someone that has some Persian family–if I can live the rest of my life without being served a charred, unseasoned whole tomato, my life will be better for it.

6 Likes

I agree with you thal Mini is quite a bit better but they are different beasts.
I like those chewy, gnarly pork ribs, which I don’t believe think Mini even has.
And Hamlet gets a point or two for having a place to sit, however bizarre that seating is!

1 Like