Modo Hawaii Popup @ Mitsuwa Torrance

Literally zero line the two times I went to Mitsuwa in Waikiki. Really great chew and good flavors. Better than Fill Bakeshop which is my only comparison.

1 Like

We got all three flavors - churro, lilikoi, and chocolate. All three are really good.

4 Likes

These are the flavors they have in Waikiki. These donuts are awesome.

8 Likes

Hot damn these were tasty. The raspberry was definitely the highlight.

7 Likes

I’m gonna try to go in the morning sometime this weekend (it’s a little bit of drive down to Torrance for me, so I can only go on weekends)…how’s the line usually around opening time?

2 Likes

feeling too old for pop-up nonsense… no line at Kansha

1 Like

I tried going to Kansha about 5 times.
Admittedly, it was always later in the night (after dinner), but EVERY TIME they were sold out of their ice creams.
I gave up.

1 Like

the matcha parfait at Kansha…so good.

1 Like

oh weird. we’ve only been during the day.

FWIW, there was zero lines when I went on Thursday around 3pm. Walked up and had my donuts in less than a minute

1 Like

Kansha so good. Go early.

Modo x Sidecar x Kansha x Chantilly x King’s Hawaiian pre-post lunch/pre dinner dessert bang^5???

(1) Pre lunch at King’s Hawaiian for french toast and plain malasada.

Lunch at Nozomi for sushi lunch deluxe

Post lunch/Pre dinner
(2) Modo mochi donuts
(3) Sidecar donuts
(4) Chantilly black sesame cream puff
(5) Kansha black sesame ice cream

Dinner at Torimatsu for yakitori course

5 Likes

You forgot Nagomi Cake House

That’s a impressive day of work!

The only thing I would add to this most impressive list is mochi at Chikara. You are a legend.

1 Like

But since you’re at Chikara already, might as well bang x bang 2 stores down and get Sakura-Ya’s Handmade Mochi as well! So @A5KOBE can eat 7 dessert places in 1 run, and lunch and dinner. :stuck_out_tongue: (That’s @J_L @PorkyBelly level bang x bang now.) :wink:

3 Likes

LoL might as well. YOLO!

Went on Saturday. Got there around 1 pm and was expecting a long line but we only waited about 15 minutes which is not bad.

From the top: coconut sugar, lilikoi (passionfruit) and honey glaze. I liked them all. The honey glaze didn’t taste strongly like honey though. It kind of tasted like the glaze you get on a glazed raised donut but less sweet and slightly floral. Coconut sugar only had a hint of coconut.

The texture and chew on these is really good though. Wish it was closer to me (or maybe not because my husband and I ate all 6 in one day).

5 Likes

King’s Hawaiian apparently also started making mochi donuts…

I’ll have to check that out sometime. King’s Hawaiian is hit or miss but I’m always down to try a donut.

2 Likes