Modo Hawaii Popup @ Mitsuwa Torrance

the matcha parfait at Kansha…so good.

1 Like

oh weird. we’ve only been during the day.

FWIW, there was zero lines when I went on Thursday around 3pm. Walked up and had my donuts in less than a minute

1 Like

Kansha so good. Go early.

Modo x Sidecar x Kansha x Chantilly x King’s Hawaiian pre-post lunch/pre dinner dessert bang^5???

(1) Pre lunch at King’s Hawaiian for french toast and plain malasada.

Lunch at Nozomi for sushi lunch deluxe

Post lunch/Pre dinner
(2) Modo mochi donuts
(3) Sidecar donuts
(4) Chantilly black sesame cream puff
(5) Kansha black sesame ice cream

Dinner at Torimatsu for yakitori course

8 Likes

You forgot Nagomi Cake House

That’s a impressive day of work!

The only thing I would add to this most impressive list is mochi at Chikara. You are a legend.

1 Like

But since you’re at Chikara already, might as well bang x bang 2 stores down and get Sakura-Ya’s Handmade Mochi as well! So @A5KOBE can eat 7 dessert places in 1 run, and lunch and dinner. :stuck_out_tongue: (That’s @J_L @PorkyBelly level bang x bang now.) :wink:

4 Likes

LoL might as well. YOLO!

Went on Saturday. Got there around 1 pm and was expecting a long line but we only waited about 15 minutes which is not bad.

From the top: coconut sugar, lilikoi (passionfruit) and honey glaze. I liked them all. The honey glaze didn’t taste strongly like honey though. It kind of tasted like the glaze you get on a glazed raised donut but less sweet and slightly floral. Coconut sugar only had a hint of coconut.

The texture and chew on these is really good though. Wish it was closer to me (or maybe not because my husband and I ate all 6 in one day).

7 Likes

King’s Hawaiian apparently also started making mochi donuts…

1 Like

I’ll have to check that out sometime. King’s Hawaiian is hit or miss but I’m always down to try a donut.

2 Likes

After Tendon Tempura Carlos Jr, got a 6 pack. Pandan, raspberry, and honeydew sugar. Honeydew sugar was my favorite. Very airy and chewy though oddly filling. Can’t eat as many of these as I would regular donuts. Line was about 10 minutes at 5:30pm on Sunday. Couldn’t finish them all and closed the box about an hour after we got them but they’re a little soggy, how long are you supposed to leave the box open if you don’t finish it?

3 Likes

Heads up for anyone headed there this weekend - the wait is twice as long because one fryer is out of commission
:

1 Like

According to this Eater LA article, the Modo popup will be permanent at the relocated Mitsuwa in Torrance.

6 Likes

Have they opened yet at Del Amo mall?

Not yet. As of last week, it was just the market, and the food stalls are supposed to open this weekend. Modo’s signage is up, though. :doughnut:

1 Like

Black Sesame, Pandan, and Milk Tea Sugar. Liked all 3 flavors and would go again. Black Sesame reminded me of Chinese fried sesame balls. Short line and wait Saturday afternoon.

7 Likes

All those flavors sound great!

1 Like