Moist, Stunning Cake Donuts and Fluffy, Outstanding Yeast-Raised Donuts Fried To Order! - Oliboli Donuts [Thoughts + Pics]

Grabbed a dozen to bring for my in-laws. The apple cider donut was not what we got in the NE but stunningly good. Had a bite of the pistachio and lemon and were both simple but excellent.

8 Likes

This looks sexy af

10 Likes

Quite tasty!

First image not as good quality because I had to mess around with it to get the right angle and lower file size.

I like their croque madam too.

I typically add coffee to my order but if you’re ordering online you might want to ask them to hold off on doing that until you arrive. My coffee was pretty lukewarm by the time I got there.

11 Likes

Glazed and strawberry jelly filled. The jelly donut was much more fried and crunchy on the outside to contain the jelly filling. I thought it was just the right amount of sweet and tart. My wife thought it was a bit greasy. Im a sucker for jelly filled donuts so I enjoyed it more than the strawberry glazed donut. Glazed was great as always. While waiting for our donuts a ~13 year old kid came in with his mom. They seemed like regulars. The boy ordered a regular glazed donut but instead of the glaze asked for it to be chocolate glazed. That’s my next order.

The owner (I think) was there today greeting people sitting outside. It was more crowded than usual. He gave us a buy 2 get 1 free coupon. Oliboli is great.

12 Likes

Meyer Lemon was my fav.

BTW they have pizza donuts starting at 1100!

9 Likes

The Meyer lemon donut was outstanding even though I ate it at home and not on premises.

The return of the golden ticket this Friday.

5 Likes

Damn these look good

2 Likes

Harry’s Berries strawberry donuts are back tomorrow!!!

6 Likes

Super sad news from the House of Oliboli…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxG8uOkv96w/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

8 Likes

That is indeed incredibly sad. :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Yes. I remember that before she started Oliboli, she was the one who created most of Sidecar’s original recipes: https://foodgps.com/interview-chef-brooke-desprez-sidecar-doughnuts/

10 Likes

Terrible indeed. Very sad.

1 Like

Aww man RIP. f cancer. Will have to visit them soon.

2 Likes

So sad RIP

1 Like

Indeed, terrible news. For those that do make a trip out, I find the seasonal passion fruit donuts very good. They have two types, a glazed which is quite nice and the passion fruit fool which is topped with whipped cream and passion fruit and absolutely amazing. Taste great even after resting a while.

2 Likes

Finally made my way down and I’d be shocked if the quality had declined at all. A+ donut experience. The owner was there on a Sunday afternoon and clearly took pride in their methods and ingredient sourcing. I can see it being tricky when they try to create new flavors, but they have a strong foundation of good technique to build on.

8 Likes