More changes in Venice

I’ll miss Canal Club mostly for nostalgic reasons. Excited though about who’s taking over.

1 Like

I share your sentiments! I’m excited about the new place too. There has long been a dearth of good Italian in Venice, and I’m glad to see that finally starting to change. Along with Princely Pasta opening on Main St and the Forma-related endeavor rumored to be going into the old Chaya space, it’s nice to have 3 new options to look forward to.

2 Likes

Felix and Barrique aren’t so shabby.

1 Like

Very true, both are excellent! I wish Felix wasn’t quite so difficult to get into, but it’s completely understandable considering how wonderful it is. I’ve had decent luck scoring last minute openings for 2 and would love to be able to go with a larger group once in a while.

Barrique is lovely, I think I’ve just eaten there too many times. The menu was carried over from Ado and hasn’t been updated in over a decade. While the food is still very good, the menu feels a bit dated…it wouldn’t hurt to introduce a couple of new dishes every now and then.

I still like the pasta at Tasting Kitchen. And I think they have exceptional cocktails and interesting wines.

2 Likes

Rose Cafe also offers several good pasta options.

I like Scopa as well.

1 Like

They closed the Terrace on Washington Blvd., next to the pier. Now it’s an ugly gray building and I’m not sure what they’re doing there, it wasn’t open. This was one of our regular breakfast spots, I’m going to miss it.

It’s the Pier House, I ate there over the weekend and it was fantastic! Totally different concept and pricing is more on par with restaurants on Rose/Abbot Kinney, but the quality of the food is too. Great bar program as well. I’m super happy to have this place in the neighborhood.

Edited to add website - https://www.pierhousevenice.com

1 Like