Mori Sushi - OOE Omakase

Should be takeout only.

1 Like

Yep, I thought about it. Of course, it’s gotta’ be takeout. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ya think?

Does anyone have any information about if/when Mori is reopening?

1 Like

They’re doing private parties up to six right now.

it’s been so long since I’ve had legendary master maru-san’s sushi that I almost forgot how good it is. his nigiri and rice are shut-the-front-door-you’re-letting-the-hot-air-in incredible, just so good :heart: :blush: :heart:

the rice, temp, nikiri, wasabi all work flawless together to create the perfect bite, i just couldn’t help but smile after each piece. you won’t find any caviar, truffle, or gold here, and some would call it austere, but i call it delicious.

bring an extra pair of socks because legendary maru-san’s nigiri will knock your socks off.
thanks @NYCtoLA

highlights

• smoked toro with smoked takuan
  • umaki
  • hanasaki crab
  • nasu dengaku
  • tai no kobujime
  • hotate
  • aji
  • amadai
  • hon-maguro
  • masu with smoked soy sauce
  • kamasu
  • maguro zuke
  • chu toro
  • legendary iwashi two ways :heart:
  • toro
  • nodoguro
  • amaebi
  • kinmedai
  • uni

tomato, mozuku

zensai

abalone

abalone liver

umaki

hanasaki crab

nasu dengaku

ichijiku to goma

smoked toro, smoked takuan

amaebi shinjo

tai no kobujime

hotate

tako

amadai

aji

hata

hon-maguro

kanpachi

masu, smoked soy sauce

kamasu

maguro zuke

chu toro

iwashi

toro

iwashi no sujime

nodoguro

amaebi

kinmedai

uni (yura), yamaimo

fin

after-dinner apple pan hickory burger

20 Likes

Are they open for general reservations now? Last I checked they were doing private parties only - and you had to book the entire bar.

Where is that pie from?

Private bookings, yes, but my wife and I shared the bar with a different party when we went back in June.

1 Like

Republique. Peach cream pie.

1 Like

it’s somewhat private, he’s booking up to two groups a night now, between 2 and 6 people per group.

2 Likes

How much did it run pp (non-nemroz)?

2 Likes

Looks great.
Aways love a mask-as-chinstrap photo.

1 Like

$280pp + tt.

2 Likes

aka chin diaper

1 Like

That looks AMAZING.

But how in the HELL did you have room for that burger afterwards? That is truly impressive (and a bit nauseating, even though the burger looks great).

3 Likes

I don’t think I have the appetite of @PorkyBelly and yet I have left Mori hungry in the past.

1 Like

Feeling underfed after omakase: Threat or menace?

5 Likes

That belly never ceases to amaze.

Looks spectacular @PorkyBelly!

2 Likes

Thanks @PorkyBelly for providing info about how to secure a reservation. A very good dinner at Mori sushi. I heard maru-San could be a bit quiet but he was quite affable if you were willing to engage with him.

Highlights were the
Buri (best bite of night)
Nodoguro
Hokkaido hotate
Baby barracuda
Shima aji
Ocean trout

What really stood out was Maru-sans shari. Perfect bites of rice and great technique. Vinegar was milder than shunji or yoshi-sans. I haven’t been to other high tier sushi places in over a year so it’s hard for me to compare but I did enjoy kaneyoshi experience over this but that was at a different price point. Definitely worth a visit very intimate setting as it’s just you and Maru San along with an assistant for the meal. 250/pp

Didn’t love all of the zensai but that may have to do with me more than the offerings. Did a double bang bang afterwards cause I’m a fatty both apple pan and raising canes lol.

14 Likes