Mori Sushi

So so so glad Maru-san is staying! Will try to squeeze in another visit this year if all goes well.

Anyone know off the top of their head how much corkage is at Mori these days per 720 mL bottle?

Is there a significant difference between ordering the premium omakase for lunch vs dinner?

Tonight. The most exquisite Hokkaido Uni.

Japanese bamboo nigiri

7 Likes

@Porthos why didn’t you share some of that Hokkaido Uni??? :frowning: So you were the one who ordered the entire shipment from Japan! :stuck_out_tongue: (That looks amazing.)

1 Like

Blasphemy! On Shunji’s birthday?! :wink:

1 Like

How incredible was that uni? Yoshi-san tried to explain to me what was special about it but he didn’t know the english word for it. I believe he was trying to say that most uni, even the super high-end stuff, has preservatives added to it, but that this batch was completely pure. Is that what you gathered?

I think that was the gist of if. So good we finished with Uni handrolls made from those gems. I’m pretty sure there is half a tray left for those interested.

So what did he serve? Looking forward to your report! :slight_smile:

Why would you assume the man would choose to WORK on his birthday? Maybe I was the one behind the counter and serving Shunji some of J_L’s not-so-famous chirashi-don?

Then again, maybe not…

I’ve never seen such a small box of uni