Morton's for bday dinner what to get?

[quote=“Luluthemagnificent, post:5, topic:3504”]
Went tonight, was not impressed.
[/quote] I thought about putting my two cents in when I read this post. I did not think you’d like the “new” Morton’s. But decided to mind my own biz.

Morton’s is not what it used to be. The tables are closer together. They no longer bring the day’s meat/fish to your table for selection. Drinks are watery. Except for the nice but overworked wait staff, the service is sketchy. And the decor is a cheap version of Hollywood glam.

IMO, If you’re going to patronize a chain steakhouse, Fleming’s is superior. The service is like an old-school steakhouse. The staff is really well trained and treat everybody like Sinatra. And the food is better than Morton’s - Fleming’s Potatoes :kissing_heart:. I prefer the DTLA location, but they’re both good.

Okay. There’s my two cents.

Oh yeah… And back to Sizzler. I used to love their Malibu Chicken.

Hi @TheCookie,

Yah I agree. I remember some of our old board members mentioned that Morton’s was sold to Landry’s group (Claim Jumper, Rainforest Cafe) a while back. But even before that sale, I felt Morton’s has declined over the years.

Hi @Chowseeker1999 - Claim Jumper? That explains a lot. I’m dating myself. But Morton’s was better in the days when the SLS was the Nikko. Going out to eat there was an event.

Well you were right. I can’t believe how bad it was.

Never even heard of Flemings.

1 Like

Hi @Luluthemagnificent - Fleming’s is a chain steakhouse w/locations in B.H., DTLA, The Valley, Rancho Mirage, etc. Foodies might not recommend it. I have to admit to being skeptical myself. But, my co-worker gave me a gift card for my bday. On my place setting was a bday note, a small box of truffles and a $20. gift card. The service was impeccable. They treated us like gold. For wine lovers, they also pride themselves on an extensive wine list.

If you go on their website and do a brief survey about your experience, they give you another gift card. I bought a gift card for someone else and received another gift card! It was definitely the gift that kept on giving.

1 Like

Fleming’s is fine for a mid-to-high end steak chain.
And my pensioned Father taught me that it is an especially excellent deal if one uses Costco gift cards: you can get 100 bucks of cards for 80 bucks. He’s so good at working these angles that some places end up paying him by the time all the discounts and freebies are tallied up.

1 Like

[quote=“CiaoBob, post:27, topic:3504”]
He’s so good at working these angles that some places end up paying him by the time all the discounts and freebies are tallied up.
[/quote] Sweet! You have to give props to the folks who work it. I have to admit to having fun doing it with Fleming’s, and could’ve have extended it even longer, but dropped the ball at some point.

1 Like

imho, baked potatoes are f ed up all over town much of the time.

slimy, mushy, insides–nothing flakey about them
temp too cold
not scrubbed
and on and on

Well ok

But here’s something that might cheer you up @westsidegal.

Magpies soft serve is opening tomorrow and FREE soft serve all day!

Hand crafted, no less.

1 Like

sadly, geographically undesirable.

1 Like

Even on a weekend?

only if someone else will do the driving

1 Like