Mother Dough to close in December

Though it’s a weird location overall, DeSano has really amazing pizzas.

I’ve spoken to him (Marino) a couple of times when he’s stopped by our table to ask how everything was. I used to ask “How’s business?” each time but have since stopped - each time I get a sad smile in response.

We should organize a FTC meet-up there - they do have beer/wine, which I consider a requisite.

3 Likes

sounds great! big space + lots of free parking. a sunday afternoon would be fun, casual and much less traffic for people to get across town.

1 Like

Perhaps after the New Year. I’ll set a reminder to post something about it for Mid-January. Hopefully, they’ll still be in business.

that would be great. we should probably also avoid the superbowl (not being a sports fan, I don’t know when that is exactly. but if I recall correctly isn’t that in January-ish? hahaha)

It’s getting so much love in this thread that I was just about to suggest the same thing.

Especially a good idea since with multiple people people can cut bites from multiple pies.

The LA Weekly review of DeSano is one of the weirdest reviews I have ever read:

Has anyone tried that gigiotto calzone?

Useful for someone who’s been to the OG in Atlanta, useless for everyone else.

Do those DeSano pies travel, or are they more “eat here” kind of pies?

well, BRod had just landed in LA from ATL, so her pivot is “sorta” understandable… but… .looking back, that was a big ol ‘WTF just happened’.

I do take out from Desano all the time. It’s still really good at home but nothing beats a fresh pie right out of the oven.

1 Like

I’d say they travel a short distance. Took one home yesterday - I live in Silver Lake - and it was still in fine shape by the time we sank our teeth.

No.

If I was not going to eat their pies hot from their proprietary oven, I’d just as soon have it cold washed down with my choice of R-rated egg nog.

Or, if I’m driving afterwards, a bowl of egg drop soup.

Tell us how you really feel.