Mother Wolf

was on menu Thursday 4/7/2022

:sob::sob::sob:

Mother Wolf playing games with my heart. Good to know it’s still there though - gives me another excuse to go back.

3 Likes
2 Likes

first time back since this place turned into a celebrity beyhive :honeybee: and I was impressed how well run they are, like a well oiled ferrari 812 superfast. the size and decor of the place would feel right at home inside the venetian in vegas.

on to the food, excellent. the panzanella is as vibrant and stunning as the one at felix, like a margarita pizza in a bowl. the perfectly crunchy-soft croutons remind me of the ones in the carbone caesar salad.

pizzas are the stars. I’d save the pastas for felix and focus on the pizzas here.

la panzanella - pomodorini, burrata pugliese, basil, market vegetables, pane fritto
:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

la mortazza - mortadella di bologna, ricotta fresca, pistacchio di bronte, agrumato

pancetta e piselli - english peas, pancetta tesa, ricotta fresca, sage
pancetta tesa was piping paper thin and crispy, delicious

arrosticini - new zealand lamb belly, insalata di cipollina, lemon
:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:
lamb belly was bouncy, tender and fatty.

maritozzo romano - harry’s berries strawberries, crema chantilly
:wolf: :wolf: :wolf:
this was fine, I didn’t need all the bread and was happy just eating the berries and cream.

12 Likes

Love the :wolf: rating system!

5 Likes

I wanted to use a funke rating system but couldn’t find one that looks like the funkemeister.

maybe this one :man_mage: for next time?

5 Likes

:man_mage: :man_mage: :man_mage: :man_mage: :man_mage: reads to me as “stay the fuck away from this Renaissance Faire food booth”

6 Likes

Ditto!

2 Likes

You shall not pass (on this dish)…

3 Likes

What if I bring you a shrubbery?

1 Like

Mother Wolf’s budino IS really good, though i wouldn’t say it’s better than Mozza’s. Apples to bananas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plain apple vs banana split.

1 Like

Lol. More like apple tarte tatin vs banana cream pie.

2 Likes

The great bard has spoken:

2 Likes

based on the dishes that he ate yeah I kind of agree.

Napoletana Pizza (Stracciatella di Burrata, Salsa di Pomodoro, Alici di Cetara, Olive Oil, Origano Selvatico):

It takes a special person to like this kind of pizza and that type of person is not me.

1 Like

Man, how do they even send out something with a crust that burnt? I would absolutely have sent it back, and I never do that.

3 Likes

I agree regarding the pizza’s but don’t regarding the pastas. They have been uniformly excellent on my 3 visits. If the beef is with the price per plate of pasta, I have nothing to say there…but if the beef is with the flavor I don;t see his point. For example, to say this of cacio pepe is typical chowseeker,

“Taking a bite… it’s merely OK. It’s a simple, humble dish, so that means each aspect of it needs to be executed to the utmost. When it isn’t on point, you get Mother Wolf’s version. You taste the Pecorino Romano, the Black Pepper and the Pasta is al dente, but it doesn’t shine. It tastes heavy, a bit stodgy and by the numbers.”

a bit stodgy and by the numbers, executed to the utmost, doesn’t shine (it’s not a fucking piece of jewelry).

It’s all verbosity without any real meaning…or…one could say… a [review] /told by an idiot/full of sound and fury/signifying nothing

8 Likes

what’s your fav pasta there? the vongole is obv. mine but the 2 others I’ve tried have just been ok. not bad…just not nearly as good as the vongole.

2 Likes

vongole
gricia
arrabiatta
amatrciana

5 Likes

Any cocktail suggestions from folks who have gone? Going tonight to conclusively resolve the Chowseeker v Chow Bob litigation.

7 Likes