Moto Ramen's delicious Cold Hiyashi

Really enjoyed this on a hot afternoon. Good texture on the noodles and the vinegar-mustard broth was perfectly refreshing.
Gyoza were quite tasty but small and didn’t hold together very well.

7 Likes

Clarification: That’s Moto Azabu, in Venice/Marina Del Rey, yes?

No sir.
Moto Ramen Culver City - unrelated I believe.

2 Likes

Santuka has Hiyashi Ramen during the summer and it’s one of my favorite things. It comes with a few slices of their special pork… but I always order an extra side of it…

1 Like

Saw this while I was figuring out what to order for dinner, which solved my problem. In quite an estimable fashion, may I add!

Truth be told the entire flavor combination doesn’t really do it for me, but the dish is really well executed - good ingredients, and it held up really well for delivery - much better than Killer Noodle!

The Hiyashi doesn’t need the entire container of sauce, in my opinion - around half was enough to coat all the noodles sufficiently well to impart flavor (and unstick them). The mustard is key; I didn’t get a whole lot of “vinegar” out of their sesame vinegar sauce (I’m sure it’s there, but flavor-wise it doesn’t feel like there’s a ton of acidity. But I like a lot of vinegar, so possibly I’m just biased.)

Their karaage was also good.

Next time I will probably try the tan tan men.

1 Like

I am really intrigued by COLD tan tan men. Never heard of that.

1 Like

Yeah, me neither. But I’m willing to sacrifice familiarity for the hope that it also holds up better for delivery, not suffering through the process of steaming itself in an enclosed container :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a couple of places that have it and I love it! I adore most soupless ramens… but the Cold Tan Tan Men at Yukinoya is one of my favorite ramens around town. You can real make out the wonderfulness of the creamy sesame in this dish…

I also really like the Ramen at Josui in Torrance. They have Tan Tan Men which they also will serve soupless. This post a great reminder for me to go check it out. :slight_smile:

–Dommy!

1 Like