My daughter is 8 today! Good spot for a big group?

Hello fellow hounds! Is there any good spots for a big group birthday somewhat close to Weshood? There will be about 12 of us. Lots of kids will be present. Something casual - maybe a great Italian or pizza joint?

800 degrees

1 Like

Pitfire is well suited for these types of things.

5 Likes

Pitfire is a good choice and family friendly, the one on westwood is a bit small so it helps to send an advanced scout to grab a table and parking is limited in the lot (there is street parking.)

2 Likes

Pitfire is the easy choice for the 90025. Pizza is meh, though.
Westside Tavern, if the adults wanna get their drink on. They have a private room too.
Closer to 90024: Fresh Corn Grill.
Closer to Sawtelle (90025 also): Ohana Burger.

In 90024 proper: Lamonica’s NY Pizza is a good casual slice place. Tanino is spacious enough, but it’s a bit dark and honestly it’s been years since I’ve gone. California Pizza Kitchen is the cop-out answer (BUT in CPK’s defense, Diddy Riese is right there too for after-dinner).

3 Likes

Too late now, and not Italian or pizza, but how about the new Panda Express Innovation Kitchen?

Yeah, I suck. Sorry.

Was just there today. Nice place, but the food was, well, Panda Express. BUT the Tea Bar was kinda neat. Maybe I should devote a post to it.

4 Likes

I went on Sunday, but didn’t get any food. Their iced jasmine tea was suitably floral.

Thanks all - we hit Pitfire & had a great time!
Service was fairly terrible as they attempted to take our orders at the table which is not the norm here. No big deal though - the kids could run around like animals and no one cared. We had the big table in the back. Great for a group of 12 - 15!

5 Likes

Please tell me you fed her as much of Pitfire’s Straus family organic soft serve as her now 8 year-old tummy could stomach.

2 Likes