My second favorite Chicken Sandwich in LA (well, Gardena actually)

Painter’s Tape. Go!

Painter’s Tape
1725 W Redondo Beach Blvd,
Gardena, CA 90247

8 Likes

A few questions:

What is your fav place?

And what is the hollow bread thing in the 3rd pic?

:slight_smile:

1. Howlin’ Ray’s Please note, the chicken sandwich does not have a crispy crust, but for me that is not always a dealbreaker. However, it’s why Howlin’ Ray’s is better than Painter’s Tape.

2. Curry Pan.

3. I forgot to add a picture of the Roti Dommy! ordered.

(Note: I added numbers 1, 2 & 3 next to my points and somehow the board software decided to change it. Interesting.)

2 Likes

That chicken sandwich is good, but I wish they’d use a different bun.

2 Likes

It’s a tad sweet (sweeter than even the curry pan), but I think it helps balance the whole sandwich. Plus it holds together nicely, even with a thick sliced tomato (which to me was the weakness in the sandwich)

Best!

–Dommy!

1 Like

When you say “favorite Chicken Sandwich” are you including all chicken sandwiches? Or just fried chicken sandwiches?

Of chicken sandwiches, I prefer fried. I had a smoked chicken sandwich at Revolutionario last night and it was excellent but I’d rather eat the one I had today over that.

The turmeric smoked chicken at The Cannibal might change your mind. Or it might not.

You could do a band bang bang:
The Cannibal:Loqui:Van Leeuwen

I just wanted to say bang bang bang.

3 Likes

The “Southern Fry” chicken sandwich at Plan Check is the best fried chicken sandwich I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

FO Burger after that for the Bang to the fourth power (with bonus DOTM trophy)…

1 Like

Fans of smoked chicken should make a point of trying the Street Corn Torta at Mendocino Farms. So very, very smokey. Better even than the smoked turmeric chicken at The Cannibal imo. I like to order it without the candied Fresno chilis, which are too sweet.

2 Likes

Good advice, friendly neighborhood polymath!

LOL no one has any idea how much math I had to do to in order to become a polymath :stuck_out_tongue:

what non-fried chicken sandwiches are better than fried chicken sandwiches?

The lemongrass chicken banh mi at Ô Banh Mi.

Curry chicken salad sandwich at Valerie (GCM).

Add to that the Chicken Olivieh Sandwich at Attari (Westwood)

4 Likes

Another solid non-fried chicken sandwich in the Westwood area is at Fresh Corn Grill. Very simple and tasty. I like it with their citrus sauce.

You are such a champion of this place. I’ve got to get over there!

Chicken Milanese Sandwich w/Swiss Cheese on a crusty roll at Jones on 3rd (Beverly-Grove). I don’t know what makes the cutlet taste so f-ing good. But I do know one thing that elevates their sandwiches - they use imported cheeses. No Boars Head or restaurant supply cheese on these sandwiches.

What can I say? The Atari 2600 made an indelible impression on me back in the day…

3 Likes