N/naka ...101

Mea culpa. I’m afraid I started it by just saying that I can’t bring myself to pay prices like that.

It’s okay cat. I’m one of the culprits who caused ipse to split the thread in the first place. I actually find it kind of amusing, and wonder who’s going to say something first.

Snakes on a plane?

1 Like

By both do you mean the vegetarian and the modern?
Interesting.
I personally would be a little wary of getting the vegetarian menu – as much as I admire Niki, it is hard to imagine it being something as good or better than the modern but who knows?

Yes. Both Modern and Vegetarian. Both look fantastic, online, and we’ve sort of worked sharing - even tasting menu sized portions - into an art form unto itself.

1 Like

This is a great approach. We did precisely this and it worked a peach. Loved being able to try more dishes. I posted some pics of our vegetarian meal here a while back.

Enjoy!

Pro-tip: after your meal, if you write a note saying that 80% of the dishes were great, you’ll get a second meal on the house! (Kiddingggg)

3 Likes

LMFAO!
Fucking Outed.

3 Likes

I know. He’s really funny. His posts always crack me up.

ROFL…

Second that.

Plus, CB, you’re off to vegetarian maestro Alain Passard’s L’Arpège soon anyways. Food-only, that lunch menu was at “steal” at 290€ per person. And that ain’t no fucking joke.

1 Like

You mean a meal at the new restaurant at Amanera costs >$500pp?

As a rabid Amanjunkie (yes this is a thing), I’ve never found the food at any of the Aman properties to be the highlight of the stay. Sure, the surroundings, design, and service at all the Amanresorts are exquisite and sublime, but the food? Well, the food offerings at Amanresorts are almost always competent, but rarely as breathtaking as the other aspects of the property.

Hey, don’t shoot the messenger!

Oh, please accept my apologies, for that was not at all my intent. It’s just that the article you linked did not mention anything about the restaurant or the food at this resort.

On the non-food side, I was actually offered ownership options in the Villas in Amanera a while back, so I know about this property. I just didn’t know (and still don’t know) if the food culture of Aman will change at all with this newest acquisition…

Oh, I didn’t take it personally and no apology necessary. Every link I looked at gave different restaurants. I think I picked that one cause of the “purty pitchers” :slight_smile:

Was at Zoe not but a month or so ago … and found the food there QUITE delicious.

1 Like

We were at Amanjena a few years back, fully expecting to find local Moroccan dishes at the restaurant. But then we found out that the was a “Chef Swap” between Amanpuri & Amanjena (this was back when Mr. Zecha was still running the outfit, and encouraged Aman employees & staff to try out all the other Amans away from their home properties).

Long story short: Our ensuing authentic Thai meal in Marrakech was quite memorable (though the Quixotic-ness of it all probably had more to do with this indelible event than the food)…

1 Like

Another wonderful meal at n/naka last night. The highlights were not so much individual dishes as was the quality of every single piece of fish that was brought to the table, both raw and cooked. Low lights: a risotto with foie that didn’t really hit the mark and a pear/walnut themed dessert that wasn’t too exciting. Regarding risotto: my friend who has a bonafide gluten intolerance was given a risotto with all of the fixings associated with the famed abalone pasta. It was genius and superb. Jeffry and crew on point as usual. Niki continues to be way more humble than she needs to be. And as we were walking out the door, we asked to be put on the wait list for a two top in December. Nothing like it in LA, and probably the best way to spend 3.5 hours in town.

9 Likes

is she not serving her spaghettini with abalone anymore?

She still is. I am going to make an assumption here. Since I have gone to n/naka for a while now and was a very regular diner at Azami, Jeffry has occasionally offered me an alternative to the pasta. For example, once it was a really sublime oyster orecchiette. But at the end of the day, nothing beats that OG pasta. I wish it was AYCE.

Amen.

1 Like