Name That Pie (or slice)!

Yes! Tried the new location on Lincoln in Venice. I did customize the pie, so to speak. After seeing how heavy-handed they are with the toppings, I ordered half pepperoni / other half mushroom and then moved the toppings around to create a pepperoni - mushroom with a reasonable amount of toppings :grin:.

We are fans. Crust was much lighter than I anticipated. I still only managed to eat a slice and a third.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Folks?

3 Likes

Wow. Cornicionissimo. Thatā€™s crazy.

You nailed it

3 Likes

What do you think? We love it.

1 Like

I was very impressed. I heard Steve Dolinsky shout it out on the Air Jordan podcast so itā€™s been on my list to check out. Fridays are usually pizza (Prime Burbank) and movie night in my house and since weā€™re doing a little weekend away in Laguna I thought we should swing by on the way down.

The kids wanted Pepperoni so I decided to try a white pie and went with the Merguez Sausage. The crust is phenomenal. Not quite Mozza level, but damn good. The merguez sausage pie was delicious though it wasnā€™t quite on the level of the Funghi at Pizzeria Sei which is my reigning white pie king (but shout out Lamonicaā€™s, my first white pie love). The pepperoni was a pretty standard affair that the kids really enjoyed and I liked quite a bit with some Calabrian chilis and ranch. The ranch isnā€™t as good as Primeā€™s though.

The kids loved the arancini and I thought it was pretty good, but I wish the dipping sauce was a bit better. The meatballs are significantly better than Primeā€™s and the bread that comes with it is stellar.

The chocolate budino definitely leans toward the more bitter notes of chocolate and it was a bit much for the kids. A couple spoonfuls of it was all I needed. The burnt cheesecake was not in the basque style and I wouldnā€™t get it again, but we all enjoyed the dulce de leche that came with it. The slice was massive and would easily satisfy 3/4 people.

If we lived close to this place weā€™d go all the time. Highly recommend stopping by if anyone is ever in the area.

8 Likes

looks tasty but way to much cornicione for me

3 Likes

7 Likes

Emmy2

Nope

Prime?

1 Like

I was going to say DTown, but the pepperoni is uncharacteristically in the center of each slice. That char looks better than DTown as well.

Maybe that isnā€™t even Detroit style. Hard to tell. Need more photos lol

Basil too? Probably is Prime.

I was gonna say dtown but I think the went out of business?

Not prime. Prime is 8 slices.

Gonna guess Schellz.

3 Likes

Quarter Sheets?

Donā€™t leave us hanging here!

At least give us a hint. What were the service fees, etc??

1 Like

Prince St. Pizza

Hint: only one location and it is East of the 605 fwy

Xtra Cheese?