Need Recs: Gardena for Brunch/Lunch

If they aren’t super picky sea empress isn’t bad just run of the mill. They used to have carts not sure if they do during covid which is fun.

As other posters have stated dtf might be their jam but you’ll have to navigate their in person reservation system which might be a nightmare and there may be a long wait.

2 Likes

The DTF bar for brunch drinks is probably most ideal of any dumpling place I’m aware of.

4 Likes

Oh, is it in person? Last time I checked (1-2 wks ago?), you could make a reservation through the website (at least for the Century City location, although I’ve never been able to snag a same-day reservation).

1 Like

Yeah I think Din Tai Fung would be a good idea!

1 Like

There’s also Tama-en, which may or may not require reservations, and I believe Shin-sen-gumi yakitori is open for lunch as well.

2 Likes

I thought the CC one used to be on Yelp but I’m bot sure anymore?

Would be good to check though because that line is awful if you have to wait.

Some places you can get in line using the app when you get close to the location…some you can straight out cheat and do it from home.

1 Like

Fatto A Mano in Redondo. You can take it to go and enjoy it on the beach

1 Like

Just make sure they’re not busy. We did a group order once, and it took FOREVER.

1 Like

Little Sister Redondo

• family style, awesome papaya salad and a breadth of other great and interesting dishes

Jame Enoteca El Segundo

• wine and pasta and a lovely chopped salad
1 Like

Thank you EVERYONE! It sounds like DTF is the winner… at least for tomorrow.

Personally, I’m looking forward to trying a few of these places.

4 Likes

I love this place because I eat 4 dozen rolls during the meal and get an apple coffee cake to go.

4 Likes