Needle - Silver Lake

is the pork chop in the bun the same one they use with their fried rice?

Looks like it. Marinated and deep fried.

Mine was juicy af and looks better than yours but I ate it on the spot.

4 Likes

Wait, so you like the almond jello? I can’t tell…

2 Likes

He loves, loves it.

Nice dump! I need to start exploring more of the menu! :hearts:

2 Likes

I fucked up. Picked up my order probably 10 to 15 mins late so the fries were steaming in the box and got soggy by the time I had a chance to eat them.

pork chop bun | salmon creek Farms pork loin, milk bread, spicy salt relish, pickled cucumber
Not as amazeballs as the one I had the other night possibly because I waited too long and asked that they slice it in half before they box it. But still excellent. Still loving the juiciness and overall balance.

fries | black pepper sauce and ketchup

beef curry | short rib, potato, tomato, carrot, yellow curry, chili oil
As good as before but with soft and tender short rib this time.

La Mascota Bakery

The concha isn’t nearly as moist this time. I picked these up around 6 so perhaps 6 hours of additional sitting compared to last time didn’t do em any good.

10 Likes

char siu fatty
excellent glaze, tenderness, and fattiness. loved how each piece was perfectly and evenly cut.

PXL_20201011_010232073.PORTRAIT

PXL_20201011_005948604.PORTRAIT-01.COVER

PXL_20201011_010412577.PORTRAIT

PXL_20201011_010354914.PORTRAIT

one last dance with almond jello x2
wanted to hoard more but somebody got the last ones. @TheCookie, @rlw?

PXL_20201011_054447047.PORTRAIT

PXL_20201011_054559326.PORTRAIT-01.COVER

14 Likes

FML. One of you did. I couldn’t get any!

3 Likes

I snagged mine Friday when they first opened, so not me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks like the very last one went (fittingly) to Chef Ryan and Karen.

6 Likes

it’s amazing how he’s managed just being the ONLY one doing everything…

7 Likes

Yup. Respect. From buying produce at the Farmer’s Market to prepping to cooking to R&D. He’s doing it all by himself…with great attention-to-detail as well.

6 Likes

I did notice a new male employee helping out and he posted about being able to bring back one of his cooks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDk47bwDiHP/

4 Likes

That’s Ian, I think, and he’s only helping out with service when I last spoke with Ryan.

Edit: Perhaps that cook in the picture quit and he’s not the servicing person I saw at Needle.

5 Likes

Almond Jello mystery solved?

Your Char Siu looks delish. Was “each piece perfectly and evenly cut” by you? Was it a DIY reheat?

1 Like

the char siu wasn’t the diy, so it was cut by chef ryan.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGStgrjjPkP/?igshid=mf7bmma2a4ye

8 Likes

Oyster Sauce Beef! God can you imagine eating that with a bowl of steam rice and a plate of ong choy? Drooling

@moonboy403 eat this for me please lol

9 Likes

hibiscus fruit iced tea (lightly sweetened) | hibiscus, rose hips, apple, citrus peels, grapes, pineapple, and mint
It’s like a more refreshing version of a Hawaiian fruit punch without the artificial flavorings.

char siu fried rice | char siu, long bean, egg, rice, scallion
Everything is spot on this time!

milk tea | evaporated milk, organic milk, needle’s signature black tea blend
Prominent tea aroma and not too sweet. I like it!

chicken sandwich | jidori chicken leg quarter, black pepper sauce, lettuce, tomato, milk bread
We start off with a very high quality toasted milk bun that has tons of springiness and doesn’t compress into nothing when I squeeze down the sandwich. Next, chicken is cooked to perfection here. Skin is crispy and flesh is as juicy as it can be! Adding to that, there are nice crunch from the fresh lettuce ,brightness from the tomato, and a delicate black pepper sauce that brought everything together. It’s a lovely sandwich overall.

fries | ketchup
Crunchy!

10 Likes

I could smell that fried rice from my iPhone

3 Likes