Needle - Silver Lake

The one quibble I had with my Siu Yeh (and if this was the one quibble, then I had a damn fine time overall) was that the ice should have been finer-grated here. The larger chunks of ice in my glass made for uneven melting, and threw off the overall balance of texture and tastes.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Good piece!

Always good to check on this.
Smog too.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: September 2021 Rundown

Are all of the tables and standing counters outside? Would you have been full if you didn’t do the supplements?

Yes, and yes.

The minced pork rice was OK - Anyways I think that for me, minced pork rice has always resided more squarely within the Macanese or Taiwan oeuvre, rather than Cantonese.

I love the almond jello and so got 2 of those. #EatYourFruitsAndAlmondsAndAgar

2 Likes

yes everything is outside. i needed the supplements to be satisfied, but i’m a glutton.

3 Likes

now on tock, sundays at 10pm. no more standing, they added stools for the counter and tables are now for 3-4 people.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUSqZ85JRtz/

3 Likes

That works!

Bummer. Vertical bellies hold more food.

Snagged a table for Siu Yeh. Elite cooking + the nicest people.

Shrimps Chips

:roll_eyes:

Jimmy Nardello Chili Peppers

Not spicy but bursting with flavor. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Octopus

Spiced with curry and incredibly tender. One of my favorite bites of the night. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Tomato, Cucumber, Sesame

A nice refreshing salad that was perfect for how hot the day had been. :roll_eyes:

Oyster Mushroom

Honestly, liked this better than Bavel’s mushroom kebab. The flavor was incredibly meaty—another great bite. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Chicken Thigh

Super juicy with crispy skin. An excellent chicken dish—one that makes me think twice—is a sign that I’m really feeling a restaurant’s cooking. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Wood Ear, Snow Fungus

Another saladish dish that took me back a bit. I typically don’t really like mushrooms much (or at least aren’t drawn to order them) but Chef Ryan has yet to make me one I didn’t like. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Supplement Minced Pork Rice Bowl

It’s a must order. You might only need one, but the rice is incredible. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Pork Meatball

Again, super juicy. Another favorite. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Zucchini

I can find it occasionally bland, but I really enjoyed it here with the allium condiment. :roll_eyes:

Pork Jowl

Hell yeah. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Pickles

Great for cutting the fatty meats.

Char Siu

Yeah, this is what I was here for. I wish that we could have ordered more a la carte. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Zabuton

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this, but then I was wondering why I don’t see this cut of steak more places? Another awesome bite. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Cherng Fun

Basically like a dessert? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Fruit

Actually a dessert. :roll_eyes:

Almond Jello

The ultimate tease. :roll_eyes: :infinity:

I’m torn a bit by the whole meal (which I loved). It was fantastic end to end, but I also would have liked to order multiples instead of a set menu. I know that the coursing makes it absolutely perfect in the cadence, but yeah I would have liked to just keep ordering more char siu :joy:

16 Likes

What happened to the :roll_eyes: scale that I love?

Where’s the lie?

2 Likes

Fixed :wink:

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVwn7QslUIl/

3 Likes

Autumn almond jello is here my friends

4 Likes

The comments are a crackup. People are posting like their long lost lover is returning. And a few posted that they’ll serve it with their Thanksgiving meal! SO good! :heart::blush::heart:

4 Likes

The best damn char siu is now available for Thanksgiving

8 Likes

fall jello with persimmons, apples, asian pears, and grapes :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

8 Likes