Nemra’s Made-up Yet Delicious Recipes

Oh shoot @attran99 and I must have missed the invite. Looks great.

1 Like

Yes you never RSVPed

1 Like

Darn! @js76wisco we’re going to need to be better about that next time!
@Nemroz did I miss your pizza pan rec? I’d love to try that at home.

2 Likes

They have to be thick and nonstick. This shape is for what we know as Sicilian pie. 1 inch edge, slightly angled. This one is by Allied Metal but appear to be tough to find

1 Like

Lloyd makes very good ones, https://smile.amazon.com/LloydPans-12x12x1-5-Sicilian-Style-Pre-Seasoned/dp/B07M6RMTZ6/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1BM2E8WVULBWU&dchild=1&keywords=lloyd+pans&qid=1593396691&sprefix=llo%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-4
I love their Detroit pizza pans.

2 Likes

that seems mislabelled as Sicilian. Looks like it’ll do the Detroit style tho

The Detroit style has a bigger rim, and is rectangular rather than square.

yep, and appears significantly thinner so it’ll conduct faster and lead to a different outcome. … it’s also aluminium rather than steel. The one you linked has a tall rim compared to mine.

I had no idea that you’re Italian!

2 Likes

These pizzas wooooahhhh

1 Like

So… while the rest of the year we normally do standard beef broth borsch, in the summer we look for lightness and want to be able to eat it chilled so veg or chicken broth in this case

Borsch not borscht which is an abomination that happened because Americans couldn’t pronounced the soft sch when the Eastern European Jews moved here

Thaw out some of your dank chicken broth, add bay leaf, ground coriander seed and whole pepper corns. Add some water (I’m going to say some about everything because it all depends on how much you want to make also I don’t speak imperial measurement system well)

Grate 2 medium beets, 1 huge carrot

Sauté on veg oil one large diced onion, after 10 minutes add 3 chopped garlic cloves, then the grated carrot. Then 3/4 of your beets grated but I like to chunk some beets too and let them simmer, fun to bite in the soup.

The sauté is crucial and it is simmering for at least a half hour while you add a whole head of thin sliced cabbage and an orange bell pepper (because America is opulent) to your broth. After everything in your sauté is well caramelised add a whole diced well ripened tomato and let that simmer. Season at every stage

I’m the not summer we would also do tomato paste but we are taking it easy because it’s hot.

Combine everything in the soup pot and add a bunch of huge chunk potato.

Let that simmer for 20 minutes for it all to finish and add as much dill as you can find.

Serve hot the first day with a big ole dollop of Russian sour cream (if don’t have, try a mix of your sour cream and creme fraiche mixed … or even a Greek yogurt)

Because it’s a light and not oily soup it’ll be nice to serve chilled but keep adding the sour cream

4 Likes

I made that “spaghetti” it was delish! rich, but delicious. i should have taken picture, but I blew it.

2 Likes

I haven’t reviewed this whole thread, but I just want to say that I’m totally loving this thread.

3 Likes

I did the Shrooms and will post soon.

3 Likes

So I’ve heard about overnight oats for a while (still trying to figure out if it’s true that not cooking then first is not good for the body). … and finally gave it a go and pretty happy with the results .

Not sure why I was resisting yogurt, I’ll use a full cup next time

2 cups oatmeal, 2 cups milk, 1 cup yogurt

Flax, dried apricots, raisins, dried golden plums, cashews, brown sugar and agave, +time

5 Likes

Maybe it’s just a coincidence or some other force at play, but A’s doctor told him his cholesterol was getting high, not medication high, but high. He started taking Omegas and eating Oatmeal everyday and it went back to normal.

2 Likes

Nemroz’s Mushroom Julienne

Substituted for Russian Sour Cream: a mixture of reg. Sour Cream, Labneh and Cream. I’ve made it twice and bought some more shrooms a few days ago. Mine isn’t as light and silky looking as yours yet, but really delicious! :heart:

Because I must have as many things as possible on top of a crostini…

On top of Corn Polenta Grits

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous❤️

1 Like

Awww thanks! Not as gorgeous as yours. I am going to slice shrooms thinner. And might be cooking the shrooms too dark and possibly need more liquid?