Nice Ambiance, Pretty Plating, Pleasant and Underwhelming - n/naka [Thoughts + Pics]

You’re charging for it??!

Keep it classy…

9 Likes

Does not seem like a very FTC like move.

3 Likes

While I don’t condone the idea, it’s @lafoodie’s first post…so they may not have understood how this helpful community works. Since the post has been deleted, I think they may get the gist now.

3 Likes

What did I miss?

1 Like

I believe @lafoodie offered to sell an n/naka reservation on our board. As this is not our style several people mentioned this. Our friend, @attran99, is hoping to encourage @lafoodie to continue to post here. Believe us @lafoodie there is no ill will. Anything you can offer will be appreciated. We just don’t do things for money. Actually, as I saw last night we try to apply traditional Chinese etiquette; picking up the bill is a huge honor. This is a great community.

1 Like

My bad. I wanted to sell these reservations to fund more foodie trips. I’ve spent many months actively trying to get these reservations every Sunday* morning, so I’m hoping to save someone the trouble getting them before the end of this decade for a few Tacos at Taco Maria or a Lunch Bento at Hayato.

$363 per person is a huge bill to pick up…
I would like to have Taco Maria bill or Hayato lunch bill picked up.

1 Like

Goodness. I can see how it would be tempting to want something for your effort. Haha. But…

I went a month ago. It was 100% worth it. Every course complemented each other. It was a completely new experience as each course I tried was the freshest and the most savory morsels I’ve ever tried. I especially loved the A5 Wagyu with shishito pepper. I would go again, though I would need to at least double my salary to go this December.

My previous foodie experience was only 2 Tacos at Taco Maria and Ramen at HiroNori, so I’m a newbie.

I can’t wait for this Saturday when I get Bento Boxes from Hayato! I’ve been waiting over a month for that. I’m not sure what to expect. I never had Michelin take out before.

I managed to go there a month ago because someone wanted to trade their September reservation for my December reservation. It was totally worth it.

1 Like

Ahhh… that’s a nice review amongst some pretty lukewarm ones. I’m intrigued by Niki Nakayama and her n/naka and am happy for her success. She seems like a cool person. But I’ve decided to save my duckets for a couple of places getting the real hot love like Hayato or omakase with the beloved Shunji Nakao.

Good luck and welcome to FTC!

2 Likes

Question: do you have to pay something if you cancel a resy at n/naka?

You can only reserve at Tock for n/naka.

You get your deposit back if you cancel at least a week ahead.

1 Like

Good luck with Hayato.

I tried reserving for their December dinners a few days ago. I was almost able to reserve it as soon as spots became available on 10am, but by the time I confirmed that I’m paying the deposit, Resy told me that they’re all sold out. They are only 7 spots per night available.

@TheCookie I’m game if you want to do a Shunji night…it’s hard for me to find takers willing to travel out that way.

3 Likes

So, just to clarify, you are asking for someone on the Board to pay for a meal at Taco Maria or Hayato in exchange for your n/naka reservation?

Man if I could slang reservations on FTC I would
never have to pay for meals.

3 Likes

By resy I meant a reservation in general and was just wondering about the policy. Thanks.

I’m good with waiting on Hayato. I think Chef Go will be around for a bit. Plus I want to retire while I still have teeth in my head. But I have a certain affection for Chef Shunji because of the love on this board. His great lunch special was recommended to me (hello @JeetKuneBao!) when I first started to dip my feet into high-end sushi. I didn’t even take pictures or do a report. But he was a sweetheart and allayed my fears of the infamously grumpy itamae. I think it’s time for an evening at his counter watching him really create. I’m in @attran99!

P.S. @lafoodie, not all our meet-ups are high-end. The last one was in a backyard in Inglewood at a cost of about $50. per person. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m on the Westside, so I’d b happy to join you both. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hah! I was going to say “and you too, Bookwich!”

2 Likes

We’ve got the makings of an Eastside-Westside food club. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yea yea!

2 Likes