Night Taco Stand with Trompo and "Stewed" Meat Pan on Centinela in front of Mitsuwa

Shrimp and shredded veggies, dipped in batter and fried together.

Couldnā€™t help but go last night. There were three vendors last night. One had a trompo, one mightā€™ve been Takumaā€™s burgers, and I donā€™t know what the 3rd one was serving. I went to the one w/ the trompo.

Al pastor (I donā€™t know if they cut it fresh or reheated b/c I was looking elsewhere), stomach, and suadero (looking at the suadero). Not pictured, chicken taco, chicken quesadilla, and the biggest piƱa aqua fresca youā€™ve ever seen.

All really delicious. This may sound bad, but Iā€™m not quite sure I could distinguish the suadero from the stomach. One of them was a bit funkier (very subtly so) in flavor, but they both seemed to have a rather similar texture. I think they were also simmering in the same vat, so maybe thatā€™s why I had difficulty distinguishing them? Chicken had a touch of smokiness. Quesadilla was very cheese-forward (Iā€™m not complaining), even for a quesadilla.

$21 for dinner for two was just great. :slight_smile: Although I cannot tolerate the same level of fat that I could when I was youngerā€¦ ::sigh::

4 Likes

lol! those paper plates remind me of my childhood. Looks yummy!

1 Like

FIFM:
ā€œā€¦ lol! those paper plates remind me of my childhood last few lunches.ā€

:smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, I was like, ā€œDid those paper plates ever go out of style???ā€ :wink:

1 Like

Was driving by this stretch yesterday afternoon and saw a pupusa vendor named Mama Amaliaā€™s (I think I got that second part right). Is anyone familiar w/ this vendor?

If itā€™s the stand in front of the Vons (closer to Washington), itā€™s solid. I havenā€™t been in a while though.

1 Like

This was right in ā€œfrontā€ of the Mitsuwa. But maybe they were trying a diff location as an experiment? :slight_smile: Iā€™ll try it out to report backā€¦

1 Like