Nijiya Delivery? &knife sharpening

OG owner retiring and store moving

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw8yjpivK5Y/?img_index=1

4 Likes

Good news that it’s staying in the family, too many businesses aren’t able to be passed on for all sorts of reasons. So it really is a blessing

A friend of mine who has since passed was a Chef in town told me about a time he went in (he was a cook under Michael Cimarusti at Water Grill at the time) and tried to buy a specialty knife -takobiki maybe, and got the third degree about what do you need it for, were you trained for it, do you have permission. He was not allowed to buy the knife in the end. Lol.

May have sounded harsh but he was really saving him from himself and wasting his money. I’m sure there are tons of stories about Anzen Hardware but that one come immediately to mind

9 Likes

I saw that!!! I’m glad it’s staying in the family but I’m not sure if the specific person that does the sharpening is staying or retiring. They’ve certainly earned it if they choose to retire.

At any rate, I figured I’d give them a chance to settle in at their new location then give them a call and see what the sharpening situation is.

any new experiences? (not farmer market)