NorCal night market this weekend

The organizers of the 626 Night Market in SoCal have set up shop at the Alameda Fairgrounds in Pleasanton this weekend.

First time food festivals tend to be disasters in the Bay Area, so I’m not gonna take one for the team, but I’d like to hear how it goes since there’s another one later in the summer.

Are some / all of the participants visiting from LA? I don’t recognize any of the names.

I think the bulk are from SoCal. I’m out of touch with the food truck scene, and have never known much about local Asian cafes and dessert places, but I’m familiar with the following SFBA places:

April 8 Cafe, Boonipepper Islander Grill, Chick and Tea, Liang’s Village Cupertino, Uji Time Dessert, Wezy Cuisine Truck

1 Like

That review seems very generous—- comments on the Facebook page describe an organizational nightmare. Then again, I can’t think of a for-profit food festival that hasn’t made me ponder the merits of agoraphobia.

For-profit or not, they have long lines, which I avoid. I can think of only one exception and I suspect they would have sold more tickets if they had known how pleasant it would be.