NOREE THAI on Beverly (from Chef Pia and Chef Fern of Luv2Eat)

I’m pretty sure @Nemroz is pulling an @Ns1 and moving to the outer reaches of universe or Moorpark one of the two

4 Likes

we fucked off to Moorpark… i spent the week being a forman to multiple remodeling projects and upgrades… and today i pulled weeds from our veg beds and i cleaned up about 1/3 of our neglected lemon tree 20 feet up… glorious times! hope you’re well

12 Likes

Good luck enjoy the backyard grilling and chilling!

4 Likes

Carrara Pastry on Los Angeles Ave. is solid.

Lure fish house (closer to Camarillo) was good pre-pandemic. Haven’t been there recently.

1 Like

The Lure I went to in Ventura was excellent. Definitely worth a try.

2 Likes

Wait a frogging minute. How did I not realize Pla and Fern are a couple?!?

3 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

We’ve enjoyed the westlake one twice now. Love the bar are. But going back to Ventura for Father’s Day. Outdoor area with reggae band playing is fantastic. Can’t leave dog at home so that works

1 Like

we ended up at noree thai earlier in the week after a morning museum outing. very much luv2eat, pt. 2. which means we very much enjoyed the meal.

mee thai phuket. very nice in its own right, very good as a relief dish after some late-arriving fire.

hat yai fried chicken. always excellent.

isaan sausage. these sausages were very good too (and much enjoyed by our boys)

squid with salty egg. they no longer have the baby squid in its own ink on the menu (the website menu they said has not been updated in 2 years). this did not come out as spicy as we’d asked but was very good, especially once kicked up with ground chillies.

keang kua phuket. but this did come out as spicy as asked and lit my mouth on fire. not at “thai spicy”; one step below at “spicy” and just short of my upper limit (thai spicy would be too painful, i think). our server recommended getting it with ground pork. we wondered if this actually makes it hotter as the chillies cling to far more of the meat in every bite.

13 Likes

This sentence is how I would describe the difference between Noree & Luv2eat, perfectly.

1 Like

Finally had a chance to try the kaeng kua Phuket from Noree Thai and it was so good! Hard to pick a favorite between that and the always delicious kua kling.

3 Likes

Yep! Kaeng Kua is the business. Killed it yesterday with sticky rice. Proper spice, loaded with k. lime leaf and lemongrass. fantastic. crab omelet was also fun

Wonderlust bang banged

8 Likes

Had to drive back again for the pork (well, for LACMA Jazz but also pork) It’s even too hot for my Indian pal. I love the heat level on this

7 Likes

LACMA jazz was great last night!

Next time I’ll bring Mini Kabob out for a picnic :basket::laughing:

5 Likes

Hey! Wish I’d know to say hello. We were getting trashed on the grass .

4 Likes

Which pork is that?

1 Like

Kaeng Kua

1 Like

Think I’m gonna check it out for my bday this weekend. Any major difference between it and L2E that I should keep my eye out for?

1 Like

@nemroz is the regular and can better say but the main difference I noticed is the dishes at Noree are less spicy than L2E. Happy Birthday!

2 Likes