Northeast Los Angeles eats

Yes, it is really great. And if you are from or love Guadalajara, it will bring back really good memories.

11 Likes

Definitely add Moo’s Craft BBQ to your rotation. The burger is pretty amazing as well as the BBQ.

4 Likes

It’s the platonic idea of a gringo/güero hardshell taco. It’s what Tito’s wishes it could be. Also you can get scratchers and lottery tickets.

2 Likes

lol— yes, I think that was the appeal. so funny

anybody been to Cevicheria Altata on monte vista in highland park? I drive by it every so often. (I’ll go and report back if nobody has been.) Prices are higher than at El Faro, which could be a good thing if they are using better quality fish?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cevicheriaaltata-los-angeles

2 Likes
3 Likes

Jeff’s table makes fantastic sandwiches, I can’t stop ordering the Hainan-style Turkey Salad sandwich with extra chili crisp.

4 Likes

La Abeja for classic mexican diner. Love their enchiladas verdes.

Why don’t you eat at Huarache Azteka?

1 Like

I second El Huarache Azteca. I like–surprise–their huaraches.

1 Like

Last time I was there it took literally 45 minutes to get my food, and then it was a heavy, cold mess. I’ve not had the fortitude to try again.

Perhaps I should. Coulda just caught them at a bad time

2 Likes

Meh. I agree with you on heavy. I dunno if I got lucky…. But two Sundays ago I hit Villas Tacos and it was no more than 20 minutes for their mulitas from heaven.

3 Likes

You are a hero! Was about to drive up late from OC tonight, had resigned myself to in-n-out, then saw this post and realized that Villa’s was cooking until 11.

One asada mulita and one chorizo and I’m infinitely happier than I would have been!

6 Likes

Even saw their new truck

2 Likes

Oh wow!!! Glad you enjoyed it! Not only are they really hitting every single note…. But they are remarkably nice folks.

oh dang… it has been years since i’ve gone

The Super Huarache Papas Con Rajas, can’t go wrong.

Porto’s Glendale, meat pies, cubano

2 Likes

Pop-up at a private residence with b&m coming soon on York.

Note ticket prices are just for the seat and doesn’t get applied to food. Still, prices are great and food is tasty.

6 Likes

Looks cool, but lowkey a wild statement given Rosetta is one of the most recommended/guidebooked restaurants in Mexico City.

1 Like