Numbing, Spicy, Hot Tantanmen from the Tsujita Ramen Group - Killer Noodle [Thoughts + Pics]

Oh Shit. You’re right.
Now I am pissed at myself!
Why are they closed Wednesday anyway? None of the others are…

They are only closed on Wed (and between lunch & dinner) during their first weeks of operation.
They should be open everyday 11AM-11PM starting Nov 6.

Old-school doctors’ golf day. Maybe the tradition now extends to assburningtantanmen chefs’ golf day?

3 Likes

Can’t be burning all those asses on Wednesdays with no ass-men around to treat them!

6 Likes

You’re proctally right.

4 Likes

Piles of laughter here.
GI-normously funny.
Vely, vely intesting.

1 Like

Closed by the Health Department for lack of license. Wonder when they’ll reopen.

Wow talk about jumping the gun

Thanks @chandavkl. Wow, I had no idea you could open up a restaurant without getting all the licenses & approvals.

You’d be surprised how often it happens.

I’m guessing you’ve dined at such establishments more than a handful of times in the past few months. One for certain based on your posting history.

1 Like

Didnt tusjita dip ramen get shutdown for awhile by the health department?

Matthew Kang was having lunch there when the inspectors showed up.

At least they all got to finish eating

1 Like

Back in business

4 Likes

Indeeeeed. I was pleasantly surprised to see it open tonight, so I stopped in for dinner one.

I had the Tokyo style with soup at level 3 and loved it. Really nice nutty sweetness from the sesame. A fair amount of numbing heat but not nearly as much as I had expected. I am not necessarily a heat seeker extraordinaire, but I could go up next time, I think. Although, I’ll probably try one of the other styles just to see how they differ, so I may just stay at level three.

The wait was also very minimal. Maybe because people had heard of the closing.

Anyway, glad they are back up so quickly. Tsujita world domination.

2 Likes

Hi @President_Mochi,

Nice! Glad you liked it. :slight_smile: Yah, give their Downtown and Original styles a try and see which you like most. Then up the Numbing or Spice level on your fav if you want. :wink:

Went back and tried the Original Style (no soup). Really liked it! Felt clean and refreshing, while still being a comforting bowl of noodles. I was surprised by how wet the no soup version was. No complaint, really. Now gotta complete the trifecta and go for Downtown next time.

2 Likes

oh fuck 2 the no. lol. respect

Finally got around to trying Killer Noodle and really enjoyed it! Ordered a regular Downtown noodles dry at 3 heat and 3 numbness. Next time, I think I might try 4 numbness. I also think I might get a large and try the Tokyo style.

My only criticism is I wish they offered more sides. And order of gyoza would’ve gone perfectly with our meal.

2 Likes

Hi @Bigmouth,

Nice! Glad you liked it. :slight_smile: You should definitely try Tokyo Style next time (dry (not with soup)) and see which one you like more.

You might try their Mabo Tofu Bowl next time (or I’ll report back if we end up going before). I’m hoping they’ve refined it a bit more to deliver a great bowl of Japanese-style Mabo Tofu. :slight_smile: (@bulavinaka @paranoidgarliclover have you tried it recently? I wonder if they’ve improved.)

1 Like