NYC Pizza Thread

Paulie G & Lucali

Di Fara

Williamsburg Pizza

L’industrie Pizzeria - Italian spoken behind the counter.

2 Likes

What’s up with no parm in NYC pizzerias?

Cuz there’s enough cheese on the pizza and to discourage you from cross contaminating the pristine mozzarella di bufala… you peasant! :smirk:

4 Likes

Look good. What did you think?

BEEP!

As a peasant, I believe Parmesan doesn’t count. Pizza is merely a vessel for some good grated parm :wink:

1 Like

Artichoke Brooklyn

L’industrie is the runaway winner so far. Probably 2nd to Prince St for me.

3 Likes

Scarr’s - LES, pretty good. Pepperoni topping was a bit sparse though.

4 Likes

That is very sad. I went to Scarrs in July and they had at least 2x the amount of pepperoni. Those grease chalices were great. Second only to Prince St on my trip.

Yeah, I’ll skip the pepperoni and just stick to the Margherita next time. Dough/crust & sauce was good though

It’s goooood! John’s of Bleeker St

4 Likes

Juliana’s (Coal Oven) - Dumbo BKLYN.

No. 1: mozzarella, scamorza affumicata, pancetta* (italian bacon), scallions and oregon-grown white truffles in olive oil - no tomato

One the best I’ve had !!! F%$#'in awesome.

5 Likes

Quite sure this is from Joe’s…

3 Likes

wOw! that is a fantastic looking pizza :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, personally I think this might be the best I’ve had so far in the city.

2 Likes

I sent wifey there when she went back to NYC last year. She loved it.

Years ago, she lived in NYC and used to go there when it was Grimaldi’s. And until that visit to Juliana’s, her favorite place was the original Grimaldi’s.

Patsy Grimaldi knows his shit.

1 Like

No shit!! That was an excellent decision sending the wifey there.

Frankly it started as a “check-the-box” exercise of highly rated pizza joints for me. I even left the ordering to someone else in my party. When the pizza arrived, I was very surprised at the selection, however it’s apparently what the waiter recommended. The crust / dough was the star of the show (and I think I’ve developed a bias toward coal oven prep). I feel the topping accentuated it very well, whereas a tomato base would likely have masked it somewhat.

Sigh, now I just have to figure out how to trek to Dumbo again without utilizing public transportation :confounded:

2 Likes

There’s a bridge RIGHT THERE! And even lazy old me has walked across it once or twice.

I’m not anywhere close to the bridge/LES. It’ll take me at least half a day to walk roundtrip

1 Like

Oh, I see. Do they do Caviar or what have you? Also, I’ve been taking buses occasionally. Something to consider.