October 2021 Rundown

Great report, @rlw ! After this and other recent positive reports, I am gonna try to get over to Eszett.

1 Like

another good option on that side of the planet is ospi.

try the sopressata, honey, and chili pizza.

2 Likes

I also like the English Muffins at Love & Salt. So yum with their cultured butter…and also a vessel to sop up sauces from the pastas.

1 Like

Finally!

Underboob shot. Your fingers pickup a little of the char!

Incredible! The crust is thin, and crispy on the bottom and soft on top. Great taste and texture.

Sauce is balanced between sweet and tart.

The crust, sauce, and cheese in complete harmony like Boyz 2 Men. Might be worth it to send your kids to Yale for this.

We will see how Brooklyn compares!

19 Likes

Love Neptune Oyster so damn much. Their cioppino is the best I’ve ever had. It’s a long wait for a table for dinner but the bar at the restaurant across the street is always open and has a great beer selection.

1 Like

That cioppino caught my eye! Will definitely eat that next time! The menu looks so damn good.

Holy hell!! This place KILLS me everytime I see or read ANYTHING about it!!!

I am Sooooooo envious!!!

Glad you got there!!

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how’d you pick Sally’s over Pepe’s and Modern?

No judgment. We never went to Pepe’s cause my uncle got in an argument with one of the descendants of Frank Pepe. Very Frank Constanza (for the Seinfeld fans).

3 Likes

I know people who tried all 3 and said Sally’s was the best (others are still great).

It was one of the best pizzas I ever had. If any of you pizza aficionados happened to be in NYC take a trip to New Haven. I highly recommend just getting cheese (mozzarella and tomato sauce pie). Keep it very simple. Eat it there. They have a large outdoor dining area as well as a park that is adjacent to it. I do want to try Frank Pepe’s for the clam pie.

Haha I love the Constanzas!

5 Likes

It’s great pizza! Definitely recommend if you are ever in the area.

1 Like

Hardcore Yalie friends swear by Sally’s.

2 Likes