One of Italy’s best pizzerias to open in LA

I haven’t been to the original but this looks like a pretty big deal.

5 Likes

oh wow. game ova

2 Likes

oh wow this is huge. Now only if they would bring the prices from their Naples shop, that would be amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I AM WITHOUT SPEECH

(obligatory complete sentence so it will let me post)

2 Likes

Their Instagram says they’re supposed to open this month, but they did a guest chef thing at Eataly last night. Anyone check it out? Curious how it compares, both to the Naples original and to other LA places.

Their IG photo looks amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwcsr1ZB8iE/

4 Likes

That looks like my perfect pizza.

Surprised they cut the pizza

I have eaten at the Naples headquarters - that looks exactly the same

@CiaoBob - It totally does! Let’s hope it tastes like it too.

@tailbacku - good point, cutting it is probably a concession to the American market. I read this location is also going to have a few different pizzas, not just the margherita and marinara offered at their mother ship. Not to mention a bigger overall menu with non-pizza dishes - I suppose those are concessions to the American market as well. I’m fine w/ all of that as long as the original pizzas are on par. With that location and buildout, the markup will probably be huge.

The slightly (well more than slightly) fucked up shape of the pie made my mouth go all Pavlovian.

2 Likes

lol

Let’s all take a guess how much the Margherita pizza is going to be at this LA branch. I believe the Naples mother ship charges 4.50 euros for the larger one.

I’m going with $15 + tip + tax + 3% back of house service + health insurance + uber.

Or we could fly to Italy. :it:

Yoooooooo deep fried pizza!! If they can pull it off I will be well and truly thrilled

so…$30? hahaha

$24

Lol. Drove by and I thought I saw you walking in… (I was going elsewhere)

How was it?

UGH

ridiculous

lol… the opening party looked good… owlfaced phil rosenthal in attendance.

1 Like

Ha, what time?

Thoughts and pics here