Osteria Mozza - Hancock Park

I agree the one thing I’ve just never had great success with at Osteria Mozza is the dessert. Of course, in some ways it’s very authentic, as I can’t tell you how many restaurants I’ve been to in Italy that had shit desserts. But I honestly wish they would just use Pizzeria Mozza’s desserts.

1 Like

I gave up ordering desserts at OM.

i quite like their espresso semifreddo

I’m walking in with my own portable oven a la our friend with the rice cooker at 106

9 Likes

The Last Supper

(new) burrata & peas, speck, parmigiano reggiano, mint
Similar to how the burrata and peach dish is summer on a plate this is spring on a plate. Nancy can do no wrong with burrata or mozzarella. Outstanding @Bookwich

gnocco fritto, prosciutto di parma
The gnocco fritto had a wonderful flaky and crispy crust that paired perfectly with the prosciutto

nancy’s caesar, egg, leek, anchovy crostini
Favorite salad on the menu

(new) cencioni with dungeness crab claws, english peas & saffron
Huge chunks of fresh claw meat paired with more sweet peas and a lemony creamy sauce. Delicious. @Chowseeker1999

linguine aglio e olio with carabineros prawn
Got a side of linguine with my prawn. Favorite pasta, must order if on the menu @TheCookie, @ebethsdad, @Chowseeker1999, @J_L, @foodshutterbug, @butteredwaffles, @NYCtoLA

pistachio & kumquat semifreddo, pistachio brittle & chocolate sauce
Favorite dessert on the menu

15 Likes

Tagging Teasing us with carabinero when we all know they won’t be open again for God knows how long.

Oh wait… Hey, do they offer that prawn deliciousness “to go”?!

4 Likes

Hi yeah I’m here to pick up the prawn deliciousness. Yes a quadruple order, thank you.

2 Likes

in what wold does any fishy seabug look or taste better than that semifreddo hnnnngggg

hello my avatar

cencioni with dungeness crab claws, english peas, saffron

:drooling_face: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Plenty of Aussie King Prawns available though. Might be offering free delivery through a distribution partner if you want some or any other things as well.

1 Like

Not fair to show Osteria Mozza. I’m not Italian, but there is no restaurant that tastes more instinctively delicious to my tastes than Osteria Mozza. Either that or Sushi Ginza Onodera. Sigh.

1 Like

mozzaplex closed

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-bH0zBpHC8/

If you have Twitter someone named sal labarbera was live tweeting from mozza and trying to fight off the looters

Early Sunday morning, the windows of Pizzeria Mozza were tagged with red spray paint and broken glass blanketed the intersection of Highland and Melrose avenues as protesters gathered in front of chef Nancy Silverton’s group of Italian restaurants; next door, the MelroseMac store had been broken into and looted.

Moments later, a fire broke out; it was not immediately clear if it began in the electronics store nor the extent of the damage to the businesses. Fire trucks quickly arrived and extinguished the flames; Silverton’s partner, Michael Krikorian, was on the scene, pacing in front of Mozza2Go and Chi Spacca with a red bandana covering his face, smoke billowing out of the building behind him.

1 Like

That is soul crushing. It wasn’t that long ago that Nancy Silverton was feeding restaurant workers and fighting COVID-19 herself. Dealing with this on top of all that, just awful.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA24n51FDr0/

Per LA Times:

A few miles east of Kitson, crowds broke the glass door and windows at Chi Spacca, the upscale Italian restaurant that had been operating as the Mozza to Go takeout operation during the coronavirus lockdown.

Once inside, they took all the restaurant’s wine, electronics, an empty cash register and some chef’s knives; threw plates; and lit a pool of lighter fluid on fire on the floor. Next door at Osteria Mozza, looters took a third of the liquor from the bar and some high-end champagne, according to Kate Greenberg, director of operations for the restaurant group.

1 Like

Delete