Osteria Mozza - Hancock Park

Thanks for your thoughts as well, I largely agree with them and continue to process my opinions.

I do worry about preaching to the choir (especially since adding a redundant voice doesn’t always seem necessary), but I do think if there is any time to have difficult conversations it’s now.

I don’t think my opinions are implicitly correct and there are plenty of occasions when I just need to shut my mouth and listen, I just thought (hoped) that this dialog would help contribute to the community.

1 Like

Oh, I certainly didn’t mean to imply that what you said was redundant. And I do agree w/ essentially all that you have written.

My own “issue” (which gets way off topic, so this will probably be my last comment on it, at least here) is that systemic change can occurs in several ways. Legislative change is essential, but cultural change (which can sometimes be ultimately brought about by legislative change) is equally important but perhaps much more tricky.

Your post refers to cultural change, I think. And, IMHO, the people who will be most receptive to that way of thinking actually probably already are thinking that way in some way, shape, or form.

For cultural change to spread, I feel like “we” have to completely reformulate how we process and then verbalize things to others (esp those who have a totally different world view) to take it more digestible and accessible to people who have a very different world view. I remember a radio show where the guest said that if she tried to talk about carbon footprint w/ farmers (and this is in no way meant to be insulting to farmers), she got glazed eyes. But if she could completely re-frame what she said to make it more relatable in an everyday way to farmers, she could get their attention. What she ended saying was quite different from what she originally had wanted to say, but it did not actually alter her ability to achieve her ultimate goals.

It reminds me of an article subtitle from a website (the website is not important to mention here) that read, “You liked party presidential nominee X, your friends liked X, and you all voted for him/her. So how come no one else did?”

I can’t remember the contents of the article at this point, but I don’t recall it mentioning that there is such a large “thought gap” in the country right now that “we” can’t even have reasoned conversations with people who think differently (and possibly “different”) than we do b/c, while we speak a common language, there’s not enough overlap in thought processing that allows us to use a shared language effectively. That’s super disturbing.

I hope that we can all (not here on the board necessarily, but in life) focus some efforts on bridging that thought gap and not be distracted by what ultimately may end up simply being “noise” (disturbing and unacceptable noise, but noise nonetheless).

6 Likes

That’s very well said, thank you

"I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do.

“And for the people who like country music, denigrate means ‘put down.’”—Bob Newhart

3 Likes

Well said and eloquently delivered way better than anything I could possibly cobble together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBHTJrDpWAA/

3 Likes

takeout also available
https://la.osteriamozza.com/menu/#dinner

4 Likes

What ‘noise’ are you referring to? The ‘noise’ of protest?

@PorkyBelly is like - Can we get back to the business at hand? Food! :smile: Osteria Mozza’s food!

1 Like

Drive by Sunday and there was a good 20 or so person crowd standing outside having drinks

i love this, the “benefits” and “rewards” of being a samsung galaxy z owner is having the privilege of paying $75pp for a three-course-zero-protein meal, that normally costs $60? at most. @moonboy403

2 Likes

Thank God I don’t own a Galaxy Z. :poop: :poop: :poop:

Sticking with my Nokia 3120.

2 Likes

budino is 14, mozz is 21, pasta @ $40? what in the fuck

the mozz is 25 and i bet it’s to share

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/osteria-mozza-los-angeles?select=p6Vp_WqhbC0q7pDcH6fmwA

2 Likes

Man this is just sad. I feel like the shine is definitely wearing off on the Mozzaplex as of late:

1. Michael Krikorian’s tone deaf op-ed along with other unearthed writing and his ongoing support of Koslow.
  2. The reported shrinking pizza sizes and recently detailed complaints about the 2 go pizza size.
  3. Now this clear price gouging (assuming the dessert and app are shared 25 for mozzarella, 14 for budino, and 50 bucks for pasta (25x2))

Geez maybe start a downhill alert :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Their 2 go pizzas had always been the same size as far as I recall.

2 Likes

Oh, so there was more stuff? While I wasn’t super offended by the Mozza op-ed, knowing that he had a history of that would cause me to think differently… :frowning:

Possibly this one.

1 Like

Really? Down-hill-alert already? Trying to recoup and stay afloat after the loss and everything they’ve been thru. Ya’ll are a tough crowd.

6 Likes

@paranoidgarliclover Joe Rosenthal (the guy who broke the sqirl story) richardeaglespoon.com and @joe_rosenthal (insta handle) has covered it within his social media postings. He’s made reference to comments made by Krikorian in support of Koslow on social media (after moldgate) and also referring to his past writings within related postings on krikorianwrites.com. Don’t have a definitive article to link back to but at least for me after reviewing Krikorian’s comments along with his Op-ed it definitely puts a damper on my enthusiasm for Mozza as a whole.

3 Likes