Pacific Dining Car Closing?

I just received an email for the Pacific Dining Car having another online auction of their equipment and furnishings, saying this is for the LA restaurant. They are even selling their sign. If true, this will be another loss of a historic restaurant in LA. They’ve gone downhill the past couple years, but I did enjoy the ambiance inside and having drinks at the bar. I steaks weren’t the greatest but still quite good.

Edit: Link

1 Like

Sadness. The Open-24-7 restaurant business model took a huge hit with the pandemic.

1 Like

super sad

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/la-e2-80-99s-nearly-century-oid-steakhouse-pacific-dining-car-is-selling-equipment-and-furniture-at-auction/ar-BB191C7N

2 Likes

Like the vulture I am I have already started bidding on many of the things I can use.

12 Likes

Buy the plastic cow, dude. #PDCtoPRD

8 Likes

I hope you are bidding on that Butcher boy meat saw! Bidding is still pretty low!

The urinals aren’t Toto, so avoid :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow, so sad. I had a number of good meals there. I wonder what Wes Idol is going to do now.

So is there a wine sale? They used to have good bottles.

Let’s label you a phoenix rather than a vulture. We will all be delighted to see what you do with the additional equipment.
Plastic cow not so much…

1 Like

You are recycling. It is good for the Earth. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it ridiculous for me to buy this?
https://www.restaurantequipment.bid/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?rebid26/82/2

My waffle maker sucks. This thing is beat up but these retail for like $600. I’ve always wanted a cool spinny waffle maker thing. My wife would kill me.

8 Likes

nope. not ridiculous at all. as long as you have space for it.

3 Likes

I mean, yes! But at that price after the pandemic it’s a waffle party at your place!

2 Likes

I love that you double-check here for sanity.

6 Likes

@attran99 who else would I ask other than random people I met on the Internet with the same love for random kebab joints, pizza places and ice cream you can only order via IG?

8 Likes

This is the crew that’ll enable you by saying - OOE.

8 Likes

Just don’t tell your wife that you value the opinions of anonymous internet strangers over the threat of bodily harm from her LOL!

But yes, you should get it.

5 Likes

I wanted to bid on steak knives but alas none were available