Pailin advanced

I love the shrimp with silver noodles dish. One of my favorites.

2 Likes

I think I have a problem

3 Likes

Those a really good problems.

1 Like

The Nam Prik Ong is damn good. I like it more than the Nam Prik Noom.

The Nam Prik Ong is like a ragu sauce, I seriously wouldn’t mind it over some spaghetti!

I am going to give a rec for Pailin’s Nam Prik Ong, the Chiang Mai Ragu Dip. Aroy mak mak!!

1 Like

Even better for a birthday party of 12. They will take a res if you need one. Just missed being able to order their
last kaffir lime leaf fish

1 Like

Nam sod is really wonderful. What they do with pork skin is impressive.

Kid loved the crab fried rice. She raved about shrimp noodle hot pot and her requisite order of jackfruit salad.

Isaan sausage was great

As was the liter of chilled Grüner

@la_foodism in the house

4 Likes

The clams are essential

1 Like

Oh I finally tried this place recently after all your posts.

Khao Soi was amazing. But unfortunately, that’s about the only thing that sang for me. Maybe user error and I ordered wrong.

Ordered papaya salad, med spicy, which is usually plenty spicy for me from places like Ruen Pair but this one had almost no spice. Do you have to order spicy to get the equivalent of med spicy from other joints around town? Other than the spice level, didn’t really have any flavor complexities and was just sweet. I thought it was just an ok version of the dish.

Pork jerky was again just ok. Much better version at Ruen Pair.

Pad Kra Pow and morning glory were fine.

ive never ordered those things… just stick to the northern menu… larb tod, sausage, clams, shrimpball in curry etc

New menu to be done soon. Dropping some things that aren’t popular, adding some things. Try their pad Thai Thai style with extra chili. Fun

Agree on papaya salad. Super tame. Nice dried shrimp though and for some reason papaya cut very thick

5 Likes

Are they finally going to have Gaeng Hang Lay

To go is just as great.

BONUS. Underground thai dessert double order of Piakpoon. Pickup at Kazoku

8 Likes

It has been so long. It appears we’re going back Friday before a concert. Hope I don’t overdo the spice and have to ibs in a public milieu

3 Likes

what show?

we went to the Greek for Khruangbin. Was fun getting the pronunciation lesson from Mr Pailin. Pailin is still hitting hard. Didn’t have any issues aside from our sober and vegetarian double date. Owner was appologetic to have to raise prices again to cover cost increases. I told him to not sweat it. I said these LA people can handle it. “Charge the FTC folks double”

5 Likes

I like dude and Pailin is still a deal. Though he always makes fun of me bc we order too many appetizers.

1 Like

haha… ya he’s not shy to opine… i was a little sad the kid doesn’t work there much anymore… he was our guide for over a decade

1 Like

Go while it’s around. Years are numbered.

What a glorious return to our favorite. Got the window seat where it all started some dozen years ago. Pigged out, left now trace, went to a concert after

Cold Gruner with hot basil clams and crispy crab cakes :fire:

7 Likes

We always seem to want the shrimp noodle hotpot.

Crispy catfish curry is so great

As is the Larb Tod which blew us away again. Perfect fritterizatiom of funky fermented Larb

Was lucky because turns out they were closed for a month for a family matter

10 Likes

Glad they’re still doing it! On the Thai Town thread I was tryna figure out why they were closed all month.

Pailin owner always makes fun of me for ordering the Hoy Jaw and Larb Tod, says I get too many appetizers.