Pandemic mustard shortage?

Hey, all you hotdog lovers out there, pate aficionados, too: There’s a growing mustard shortage. Have you noticed?

Okay… this post just made me go check that I do have a back of my favorite mustard… Mr. Kensington’s spicy brown… Also, Cost Plus has the best price on Colemans.

3 Likes

Our Costco was out of Gray Poupon but found one or two jars only at one of the box groceries, i.e., QFC.

2 Likes

I wanted to put in a plug for my favorite mustard currently! So good

2 Likes

I am not sure I’ve tried this!! Where do you pick it up?

Bay Cities! They have a little but strong French food selection. I believe it’s by the same company that makes Amora (a budget priced French mustard that tastes better than the fancier brands imo).

2 Likes

OMG. It’s been ages since I’ve been over! Thanks for giving me the excuse!!

2 Likes

It’s my favorite place to restock my pantry! It’s definitely the kinda place that rewards those browsing skills you learned way back when there were bookstores lo

1 Like

Is there an EVOO you like there? I once wandered into that aisle and was totally overwhelmed. Or was it the balsamic vinegar section that overwhelmed me???

1 Like

3 Likes

Unfiltered… excellent!!!

1 Like

“[French’s] is not experiencing shortages of mustard seed which we attribute to our resilient global supply chain and strong sourcing capabilities,” company spokesperson Lori Amos Robinson said in a statement to Axios. … “Currently, we do not predict Grey Poupon will experience any major gaps in service,” Kraft Heinz told Axios …

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/28/mustard-shortage-hot-dog-toppings

The local French specialty shop where I usually buy Amora (real Dijon from France) is sold out of the 440-gram jars I usually buy, but they have 150s and a lot of other brands.

1 Like