Paris Recs

No problem!

In your experience are most casual but good dining friendly to 2 year olds? Or should we stick with super casual places?

Uh, I’d stick to super casual places while in France. Spain is far, far more friendly towards families dining with toddlers/infants.

1 Like

I’ve hardly ever seen children in restaurants in France.

Kids are OK in France as long as they are well behaved, e.g. running around etc. (It’s the typical expectation in most parts of Europe that kids early on learn to behave well in public in general, including restaurants - same also with kids (and adults) eat what everybody eats and no substitutions (but that is more an adult problem in the US)

1 Like

Don’t expect high chairs.

Just noticed Tom Meyer got 1* in the latest Tire guide at Granite he was sous for Ann Sofie Pic, been following him on Insta for a while. Haven’t been but this is the kinda place I would love to check out.

1 Like

Thanks yes I’ve got granite on the list. People on HO are really into that place!

1 Like

Enjoyed Granite very much last fall.

2 Likes

Is it alright to include this link?

2 Likes

I booked granite. Between these and septime/servan which ones would you say would be the best to go to?

1 Like

Gosh! Sophie’s choice Personally I don’t think you can go wrong Between Septime & Granite -these are all (3) Chefs making waves in the Paris food scene. With Le Servan the choice if you want something a bit more casual. I do have the Septime cookbook so my bias might lean to there but I’ve been following Chef Tom Meyer since he was on the French team for the Bocuse d’Or and took 2nd IIRC.

1 Like

Uh …

1 Like

Has this been asked? Do any of them serve lunch? We’re only there a couple of days and lunch might be ‘happier’ for us than dinner. Jet lag.

The old-school places are mostly open for lunch.

You’ll have to check individually but Le Servan and Granite that we were talking about are both open for lunch. I’m sure there are others, but I was 2 for 2 on a quick search!

1 Like

I’m a research junkie so I’ll definitely be doing that. Already started with Servan. Thanks.

1 Like

Doing some browsing and came across this site. Gives me some places to check out.

2 Likes

Patricia Wells’s restaurant reviews on her blog are reliable.

Her Food Lover’s Guide to Paris is great but to some extent out of date. Also available as a $5 iOs app that reportedly includes some updates.

1 Like

Followup. Lunch isn’t a problem at all. It appears that Parisians are more apt to go out to lunch than dinner. The problem was that many are closed on Monday which is the only day we have available. I actually did a search and found this foie gras specific site - lol.

Finally booked something here.

I don’t speak French but reading food is simple enough :slight_smile: Thanks all.

1 Like

FYI my friend just had a disaster meal at Granite. Be forewarned. Think he’s writing up an email to the resto that I’ll probs share here But he knows his stuff. Cooked at Blue Hill in NYC, etc.

1 Like