Pasadena near the Lammelle

45 sir.

I haven’t been since high school.

one day, maybe, he’ll get his ‘dancing shoes’ (or whatever the title is or will be) project made (i believe its set in jamaica in the early sixties. hello, ska.) and i will actually get within shouting distance of what you humans refer to as “joy.”

5 Likes

I’m gonna report you to Robert Simon.

1 Like

Settebello is our favorite after-movie place, since we prefer an early flick and then leisurely dinner. Our other favorite is several blocks east from there, Amigo’s at Colorado and Wilson. The food is nowhere near El Portal standards, being just pretty good cheap Mexican, but their margaritas are great, the service friendly and just about the best jukebox in town. And unlike El Portal they NEVER have mariachis!

That’s funny. I have mixed feelings about the mariachis. There was a female trio at El Portal the other night which was good but relatively low key. I think I can take the mariachis better than the photographers.

I’m with you on that … but when I’m in a restaurant, I don’t want anyone at my table who is not bringing food, drink, another napkin, or the tab.

And the very worst? Belly dancers!!

1 Like

LOL. Spare me the belly dancers.

1 Like

As a fellow curmudgeon I wholeheartedly agree. BTW has the Stone outlet in Pasadena introduced food yet?

I didn’t know you were a curmudgeon…

Always felt the same way about mariachi bands :unamused:… That was before I heard real ones. I love the mariachis at El Compadres on Sunset. The guitar playing is beautiful.

Food: They make the kind of Chicken Mole I and my husband love… stewed in the sauce, instead of doused on top of a cooked chicken breast.

I’m sorry… what were we talking about… Pasadena?

1 Like

I don’t think they have room for food prep, although you can order pizzas from Luggage Room and have them delivered.

1 Like

Are… Are those your crusts?

Do you want any more adult children?

1 Like

Was at Bistro 45 on New Years Eve. Not cheap, but the multi course feast was delicious. Spotted Hoda Kotb and Al Roker eating in the back.