Pasadena Updates

I had it mid-December, at the original location, and was disappointed. Eggs were fully cooked and cool and it was very heavy on the mayo. Actually was a good egg salad sandwich (compared to many others) but not the classic Europane creation of the past.

The salted caramel macaron was fine. As was the blueberry pastry (can’t recall which one at the moment). The pecan roll was dry/stale, though.

1 Like

Recent FTC reports are not good re: Europane. Pics can be found somewhere

Pass on EuroPane

Go to Parsnip and collect $100.

it’s only .26 but on a dollar that's 26%: bali cali fish raised the price on the tuesday fish taco special from .99 up to 1.25. the alhambra locations have held the line at .99.

1 Like
2 Likes

i’ll be curious to see how the parking turns out.

Central Grille in Pasadena is closing on July 14. A branch in Glendale remains open.

Signage up in Old Town. Been seeing construction workers in there for a while now.

6 Likes

Chef Tony as in Chef Tony in Vancouver?

1 Like

Oh shit! If that is the Chef Tony from Vancouver that would be awesome. Expecting Eater LA to follow up and find out unless someone here knows the inside scoop
On Chef Tony’s website it shows that he is still affiliated with Sea Harbour Seafood

Oh Lord, please let this facade be the real deal, and not be up only for a movie shoot…

2 Likes

More Canto places please!

2 Likes

5 Likes

There are a few job postings on the windows for hiring various positions like dishwasher, cook, etc. Not sure how close it is to opening. I tried to peek in through the windows but they’re covered up with paper.

3 Likes

Great intel. Thanks for keeping us Chef Tony fans updated!

2 Likes

it’s real and it’s spectacular.

2 Likes

Wow, so excited. I have been meaning to drop a post here to see what was happening with this place. When I visit my mom, this will be within walking distance! Looks like it will be ready in time for a Xmas visit?

If I’ve read the reports here correctly, this place, if it tastes like the Canadian restaurant, should blow away any dim sum in LA?

I’m not having high hopes. My prediction is that the Pasadena food tax will kick in and it’ll only be a middling version of what it’s hyped up to be.

2 Likes

just the fact it’s in old town (with their rents and PITA parking) is enough to dampen any potential enthusiasm on my part.