Pasadena Updates

Food looks good!

But gold flakes…ugh

1 Like

Of course. It’s Chef Tony! The Richmond Vancouver location is a Dolce & Gabbana explosion.

1 Like

Oy, thanks for the warning. But maybe the Pasadena crowd will be less… blingy?

I want this in my life

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/chef-tony-dim-sum-pasadena?tab=food

Chef Tony Old Town Pasadena soft opened last weekend (dumplings only). I’m gonna wait til the full menu is available before I hit it up. (-3 Vegas odds on me being the first FTC there, for those of you betters out there)

2 Likes

Yelp pics show more than dumplings

Still, it’s a limited menu. Can’t do the OOE yet.

lol I’m not worthy

I went yesterday. There were one or two things I considered ordering that they didn’t have, so stuck to the basics.

Baked bbq bun, tarts, etc.

Needs another visit before I can review. My dining companion from HK liked it but not as much as me, who doesn’t eat dim sum that often. Their take on most dishes is slightly different that most, some dishes on the Subtle side.

4 Likes

Went for dinner. Chef Tony was in the house, but it’s probably best to wait until they’re past soft open. Nothing was amazing, most were off on seasoning, some dishes we sent back.

Menu less limited. No chow fun and congee.

3 Likes

Why does the food execution look so much better in these pics than it does on yelp

To save FTC’ers some money, it’s as @chewchow and @J_L have mentioned. They are very much in “soft opening”, not all menu items, and for us ~60 - 70% of the menu was mediocre to a disaster. :frowning:

Avoid for now.

Manager told us Grand Opening is probably 1 month away or longer.

1 Like

Most likely because it was a private photo op and interview session with eaterLa. Lighting is perfect—empty restaurant photos…

3 Likes

I’m not talking about simply the lighting, did you see the pics on yelp? The same dish looks completely different, that should be telling on quality.

Yikes, not sounding good. Hopefully, they can pull it out of the hat. Was disappointed CT wasn’t open in time for my Christmas visit but maybe it was a blessing. It’ll be a few months at least for my next visit, maybe they’ll work out all the kinks by then.

Looked through the Eater photos so there’s the art deco dining room and the other room that looks like an old basement cafeteria…

They’ve slightly remodeled the old 800 Degrees Pizza space.

Holy cow. Will be interesting to see if they can pull it together (and it’ll be so sad, if they don’t)…

1 Like

Mom sent photo, excited about a dim sum place opening in Pasadena. Yes, mom, this is the place I’ve been telling you about since late 2018!

She said it looked like a good crowd Saturday evening and lot of staff too.

2 Likes

she can find her way there, then. has she discovered h mart in arcadia yet? used to be a ralph’s at huntington & the top of temple city blvd.

1 Like