Pasjoli - Santa Monica

Yah, I eventually found that (after posting) but going from their website sends you to a different link with little info.

@PorkyBelly was the brioche and chicken liver dish served warm or cold?

it was served cold

This bulletin just in:

“In other exciting news, we are now offering the full dinner menu (except for tableside duck press) at the bar. The bar is always first come, first serve. Join us for a drink, a few appetizers, or a full dinner!”

Also, starting in November, Pasjoli will be open 7 nights a week.

joues de veau - veal cheeks, roasted carrots, sauce blanquette
like a tender little meatball of baby cheek

turbot meuniere - turbot, brown butter, lemon, french beans
a traditional meuriner, but instead of just chopped parsley, chef dave adds fried parsley on top for a nice crunch. the turbot was cooked perfectly and was quite firm and flaky. i prefer a grenobloise sauce with the salty punch of capers but this was still delicious. @thecookie

beans were nicely cooked but a little overdressed.

foie de poulet a la strasbourgeoise - chicken liver, brioche, truffle

omelette aux truffles - fines herbes, black truffle, pierre robert
is the dinner omelette considered second dinner or first breakfast? #askingforafriend

tarte au citron
great balance of tart and sweet. the filling had a somewhat bouncy texture to it.

10 Likes

I forgot; is it @Omotesando who likes a good french omelette?

1 Like

OMG, I love omelettes – dinner, lunch, breakfast or whatever. Now I have to try Pasjoli!

On a side note, I was shocked to have a decent omelette recently at Elysee in Westwood. Not Michelin quality, but surprisingly decent, especially considering the food desert of Westwood Village.

You’re killing me with this restaurant!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4DLBnAnO6J/?hl=en

2 Likes

We were just there yesterday and had the pressed duck and the baguette (only two of us and appetites wane a bit in the hot weather). Duck had a nice chewiness to it and the sauce was great. Chef Beran was playing the kitchen porter role by delivering the duck press to the tables ordering the duck.

1 Like

I ate at Pasjoli recently. Also got the pressed duck. Beran was at Dialogue that night, so a youthful Asian guy did the duck pressing honors. Spoke with him a little bit. He left the kitchen at SingleThread to come work at Pasjoli. He mentioned that as of now, only he (the Asian guy) and Beran are qualified/allowed to to do the duck pressing.

1 Like

https://www.pasjoli.com/menu-1

Found this pasjoli menu that’s pretty different from what I saw, though I ate there opening weekend.

Also a ton of $00 and peas, ham and egg confit

Actually all kinds of repeating sets and price structures.

Pork head terrine refreshed with rhubarb and celery

Skate meuniere. Has anyone had that? I hope it’s on

Pommes alligot sandwich

It’s just a placeholder for the website and not accessible from the home page.

Looks like they’re adding a top menu and multiple new pages to the site. Work in progress, probably.

My guess is that $00 should be A.Q.

Haha yeah I gathered as much, that was more a stoned open letter to Beran saying I’m down for anything he does with skate.

Also last sweetbreads I had were at KASS. Incredible veal with morels and risotto.

Wouldn’t mind Berans Sweetbreads though. He already had (still has? ) the braised veal cheek. So good

Just a funny placeholder menu to stumble across

Menu is online. The broccolini makes the $10 onion look like a steal.

7 Likes

Lol! That has to be a mistake unless they are giving you the whole Bayonne ham!

2 Likes

PLATS À PARTAGER
canard à la Rouennaise à la presse (Escoffier 3476)
whole roast duck, salad of salanova lettuce and duck leg, gratin dauphinois
165 for two (subject to availability)

#YOLODuck

1 Like

thon et tomate - marinated tuna, heirloom tomato, yogurt

quenelle - scallop, caviar beurre blanc
i wasn’t expecting such a soft texture on the quenelle, almost like warm butter. pretty good.

tartare de bœuf - traditional, nasturtium, country toast
tartare was good, the toast was a bit too toasted and hard.

foie de poulet à la strasbourgeoise - chicken liver, brioche, truffle
probably the best you can do to get your foie fix in the state of california.

tournados au poivre - tenderloin, cognac and peppercorn jus, potato purée
i never order a filet, because ribeyes, and it’s usually more boring than a dmv waiting room, but i needed to try this to complete the ooe. really glad i ordered this, it had that perfect peppercorn crust and was more tender than the baby jesus. the buttery, creamy sauce was incredible and was a great complement to the lean steak. it also came with a side of delicious mashed potatoes. highlight @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @Bookwich, @attran99

turbot meunière - turbot, brown butter, lemon, roasted winter greens

(new) riz au lait - rice pudding, 8-hour roasted pineapple, rum
the pineapple “jus” was intensely pineapple-y, almost like a syrup. use it sparingly with the pudding.

(new) mont blanc - chestnut, salted caramel, meringue
i liked the crispy meringue, the filling was a bit too sweet.

10 Likes