Pastrami, Glorious Pastrami

Wiener, where’s the fucking tins melt from ???

Thanks msn.

They have a pastrami and corned beef combo???
All these years trying to convince my wife to order the corned beef so I steal a bite
10+ years of my life I’ll never get back

1 Like

Tuna Melt is from Brent’s Northridge…

New York deli in eagle Rock. It’ll do in a punch but no where close to Langer’s

Is that pastrami?

looks more like st patrick’s day leftovers/left over toro on rye, not glorious pastrami…but hell, id eat it in a pinch too

1 Like

it’s pastrami. it’s not winning any contests but will do for the area and preferable to me than the hat.

Thanks, I probably should have been more expansive with my question. As @Mr_JJ noted, it looked more like corned beef rather than pastrami. The hat has it’s place but, I’d choose that over The Hat every time.

I concur

My wife and I are Langer’s/Brent’s people. Brent’s is closer, Langer’s is probably better. Although we both agree we find Langer’s bread too crusty/toasted. Perhaps that makes us philistines…

The first time my wife had pastrami at Langer’s, she looked at me and said “So this is what all other restaurants are trying to do.” She’d never really liked pastrami before. Not a horribly inaccurate description…

1 Like

my wife had a similar response to langers. never liked pastrami. had langers and said “now i get it”

2 Likes

I had the same reaction, how good can it be…?

Post langers - hollllyyyy #%£@!!!

2 Likes

Thought this picture of Justin Warner would fit in this thread. Love his shirt- from delifreshthreads.

They have some cool T-shirts and I have no connection to the site, and that ain’t no fucking joke.

Here’s an odd one Langer’s #65, hand-cut hot pastrami, sliced tomato and cream cheese. Anyone ever try this?

1 Like

o_O

visually, that appears to be much less than the sum of it’s parts.

4 Likes

the cream cheese ruins the sandwich for me.

that’s one that I will never try. never.

and you can take that to the fucking bank.

3 Likes

Kevin….Never is something I totaly :astonished: agree with….

1 Like

now now, don’t knock it 'til you’ve tried it.
one of my favourite sandwiches is from zingerman’s deli in ann arbor, mi:
pastrami and scallion cream cheese w/lettuce on pumpernickel.

I have had many Katz pastrami on murrays poppy seed bagels and a nice slathering of murrays cream cheese. It is fantastic.

The tomato to me throws off the dish.

kobe - im with you tho i prefer the hard salami on bagel with cream cheese…the tomato just fucks it up a lot also by being too slippery and wet for me…that 65 looks like a trainwreck…still get it without at Tommy’s for example