Pastry Hero Nicole Rucker Promises Award-Winning Pies on La Brea Avenue

Is Rucker not at Smorgasborg anymore?

2 Likes

Yah, she announced she was taking a break from that. Definitely a bummer.

But I think in hindsight it’s probably because of this new venture. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She decided to focus on her cookbook instead of doing Smorgasburg on Sundays.

1 Like

Yeah she hasn’t been there since Thanksgiving

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Do you guys want to split this into a separate Nicole Rucker thread?

Yes lol thx

Done.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @ipsedixit!

Thanks guys. Sorry for asking that question didn’t mean to hijack the thread.

Are her pies and donuts still available at Cofax? I’m going down to the area to do my taxes next week and was hankering for some pie.

1 Like

@js76wisco Cofax still produces donuts daily. Pies and cakes usually appear as daily specials, but they are more likely to have tarts on hand. Your best bet is to check Cofax’s IG feed before you go. May you be fruitful in your quest.

1 Like

Also call Bludso’s Bar & Que. Last time I spoke with Nicole, she said her pies were on the menu.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, @bulavinaka.

We had one of the worst restaurant experiences at Tinga, and I remember thinking “They must be getting ready to fold.” 2 weeks later, poof. So happy about and for Nicole Rucker.

1 Like
2 Likes

That was a tasty piece. I’ve had slices of her Chocolate Chess & Mexican Lime at Bludso’s, but did not know they sold whole pies, cakes, etc. from that location. Thanks!

1 Like

just in time for the holidays
I bet the pumpkin, pecan and apple pie would be perfect for Thanksgiving. not even sure if she is making them but all of her pies have been pretty great.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGBpgfB9Cz/

3 Likes

Just went to Fiona to pick up a few things - in terms of pies, they weren’t very specific, but I grabbed the last whole pumpkin pie, and they did say they were serving a few kinds of chess pies (chocolate chess, lemon chess). Might have others as well that weren’t mentioned. I also had a slice of pizza, and the similarity to Gjusta is pretty evident - the crust has that chewy goodness. Also picked up a sourdough loaf - haven’t gotten a chance to get to that, as I’m saving it for tomorrow, but it smells exactly like a Gjusta loaf should. Really happy this has opened up where it did.

8 Likes