Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

Dai Pai Dong style!

This weekend at PRD…wow one can really go big!
3 Vietnamese dishes, Wonton Noodle Soup, plus the usual Macau pork chop bun, roasties, chow fun

4 Likes

Damn straight. The bronze bruthas and I needs some sorrowful rice now…

4 Likes

I wonder how many FTCers actually know wtf we’re babbling about.

There’s that OG weapon of choice again.

6 Likes

It’s among the top 7 weapons, but not sure that’s #1.

Promo idea: PRD_LA can name their bowl of char siu pork rice ‘Sorrowful Rice’, and then give a discount to the customer who can correctly name the film it’s from. Cosplay (or authentic) Shaolin monks skillfully wielding (or just bringing their own) folding chair will also get similar discount.

5 Likes

Nice plating, dude.

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Riesling discussion

The wontons were excellent, loved the shrimpy porkiness and nice thin wrappers.

13 Likes

How was the noodz and texture of the char siu? And most importantly, the broth?

I have yet to do my write up for my Sat visit.

1 Like

Great photos.

1 Like

I think the noodles and the charsiu were both great. I took it home and reheated the broth to eat. Was fantastic…noodles still springy and a nice texture. Charsiu was lucious and tasty. It was super comforting to me. I think Chef Lee’s take on it is just different than what I ate growing up.
My Mom’s broth is more meaty-savory rather than the herby-fresh-savory Chef Lee achieves. She also tosses her noodles in a crispy shallot oil-sweet soy mix. I’m also used to a kick of lime for my noodle soups.

5 Likes

So uh was this the fabled An Com collab or something else?

1 Like

I don’t think so. It didn’t show up in the An Com IG feed. I’m not sure what was the driver behind this.
But when it goes live…if this weekend was any indication, it’s going to be insane.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t have the same experience as @attran99 and @Chowseeker1999. My char siu was dry and didn’t look like the juicy, fatty pieces @Chowseeker1999 had. The broth was light, clean, and subtle, could have been a bit more seasoned, the noodles I thought were fine. The wontons though were great, some of the best I’ve had.

4 Likes

Apologies about the charsiu, next time if you ask us to make sure its fatty we can make it happen, I’d say the pork neck we use tends to be well marbled 80-90% of the time but sometimes there are leaner parts (which some people do prefer but if people dont say anything they may be served indiscriminately by chance).

7 Likes

Iced out for the second time in four weeks. After ordering too late in the day a few weeks ago, I texted bright and early yesterday morning and then again when they opened. No response. Called a little later and most everything was out. Will definitely call next time…third time will be the charm!

1 Like

I called in at 11:05. Order confirmed and about 40 minutes later, I saw the sold out notice on IG. PRD was hot this weekend.

4 Likes

Yup. Glad to see that they’re doing well! They definitely need to keep com ga hoi an on rotation!

4 Likes

Hopefully this means the social media push really helped and the momentum carries forward @JLee don’t ever be shy with advertising yourself!

3 Likes

Contact me directly us directly on instagram for best chance, sometimes our phone line gets too busy apologies!

4 Likes

more hainan chicken @TheCookie
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPFDHkj-Oc/

5 Likes